Alternative Proctored Testing Information & Requirements
COVID-19 Update: Due to the many closures nation-wide, alternative proctoring will take place through Proctor U until the end of Fall 2020. Your instructor will provide details. By scheduling a test more than 72 hours before your proctoring appointment, you will not incur any fees.
Due to COVID-19, Summer and Fall Proctored Testing forms are not available to submit at this time.
When a proctored test is required and Bucks County Community College testing facilities are otherwise inaccessible to you, an instructor may offer you the option of proposing an alternative proctor. Please be aware:
- Most proctors charge for this service and fees vary.
- All proctored testing must occur within the United States within the testing dates provided by the instructor.
- Proctored testing outside of the United States is prohibited.
- If you enroll in a course and do not comply with the mandatory proctored testing requirements, you will fail the course.
- Discuss the possibility of using a proctor with your instructor(s) before making any alternative proctor arrangements;
- Locate an acceptable proctor (see the Acceptable Proctoring Sites section);
- Submit an online alternative proctor form by the deadline listed below and on the form:
- Submit a separate Test Proctor Form for each class in which you have a proctoring need
- The Bucks Online office approves or disapproves of the proposed proctor based upon the assessment of the proposal’s information, verification of the legitimacy of the proposed proctor, and the ability of the proposed proctor to meet Bucks proctoring standards
- Please note: Always check with your instructor on specific exam guidelines. Instructors have the right to approve or disapprove of a proposed proctor.
- After the proctor is approved, schedule your test with the proctor in accordance with the instructor’s testing time frame; and
- Pay any proctoring fees
A proctor is an individual who agrees to:
- Receive tests from the instructor;
- Administer tests in a proctored environment that is in accordance with Bucks' standards;
- Monitor the student during the entire exam;
- Return any testing materials to the instructor; and
- Verify the student has completed the test according to the directions specified by the instructor.
Acceptable Proctors/Proctoring Sites
Select a proctor from Bucks Online's list of approved alternative proctoring sites.
To ensure testing integrity, the following may be accepted if proposed:
- National College Testing Association (NCTA) Centers.
- Use NCTA's interactive map by clicking on your state to find a center near you
- A college or university testing center proctored by testing center staff only
- Other college offices, departments, faculty, and staff are not acceptable
- Attention Penn State University Park students: Penn State University students residing at University Park Campus while taking a course at Bucks MUST use Penn State's Outreach Testing Center to proctor their exams. Forms submitted with another Penn State location will be rejected.
- A professional testing center (i.e. Sylvan Learning Center) proctored by that center's staff only
- A military base proctored by a station education officer only
- There is no alternative proctoring in Puerto Rico, at this time
- Online through ProctorU
- Available in a very limited number of sections. Contact your instructor to see if this option is offered.
- Please note: For both proposed and pre-approved sites, the alternative proctor form must be filled out for each course that requires test proctoring. For both proposed and pre-approved sites, it is the student's responsibility to contact the site of interest to check on details for specific exams. Availability, hours of operation, and fees vary per site.
Deadline to submit an Alternative Test Proctor Form *
*Your instructor may impose earlier deadlines. Your instructor’s deadlines take precedence.
||SUBMIT THIS FORM - Spring form is not available at this time|
|Spring (15 week):||Wednesday, February 5, 2020|
|January Modular (7.5 week):||Wednesday, January 29, 2020|
|February Modular (12 week):||Monday, February 17, 2020|
|March Modular (7.5 week):||N/A|
|SUMMER||SUBMIT THIS FORM - Summer form is not available at this time
|Session I (12 week):||Friday, May 29, 2020|
|Session I (6 week):||Friday, May 22, 2020|
|Session II (9 week):||Friday, June 19, 2020|
|Session III (6 week):||Friday, July 3, 2020|
||SUBMIT THIS FORM-Coming soon|
|Fall (15 week):||Wednesday, September 9, 2020|
|August Modular (7.5 week):||Wednesday, September 2, 2020|
|September Modular (12 week):||Monday, September 21, 2020|
|October Modular (7.5 week):||Monday, October 26, 2020|
|WINTER||SUBMIT THIS FORM- Coming soon|
|Winter (4 weeks):||Thursday, December 22, 2021|