Emergency Closing Information
When inclement weather or an emergency forces the cancellation or delayed start of classes, announcements will be made using the Omnilert text message and email system, on the college website, and on local and Philadelphia television and radio stations. Snow or icy conditions may close the College or delay its opening.
It is important for everyone to remember the following information when a delayed opening is announced:
- One (1) hour delay - all classes ending prior to 10:00 AM are cancelled. Classes starting prior to 10:00 AM, but ending after 10:00 AM, would be held from 10:00 AM until regular class ending time. To aid Physical Plant in clearing roads/sidewalks, the gates to campus will not be opened until 9:30 AM. Employees and students are not to arrive at the campus prior to 9:30 AM.
- Two (2) hour delay - all classes ending prior to 11:00 AM are cancelled. Classes starting prior to 11:00 AM, but ending after 11:00 AM, would be held from 11:00 AM until regular class ending time. To aid Physical Plant in clearing roads/sidewalks, the gates to campus will not be opened until 10:30 AM. Employees and students are not to arrive at the campus prior to 10:30 AM.
NOTE: The College will not open for evening, Saturday or Sunday classes on a delayed basis.
Cancellation of Day or Evening Classes
Day Classes: Classes that start in the morning or afternoon, including classes that start at 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Evening Classes: Classes that start at 6:00 p.m. or later.
- When day classes are cancelled but evening classes are held:
- if a class is scheduled to start before 6:00 p.m. and continue at least one hour after 6:00 p.m. (i.e. continue until 7:00 p.m. or later), it would be held. This class will begin at 6:00 p.m., instead of its regular starting time, and continue until its regular ending time.
- If a class is scheduled to start before 6:00 p.m. and end before 7:00 p.m., it will not be held.
- When day classes are held but evening classes are cancelled:
- day classes that start at 5:00 p.m. or earlier will be held but will end at 6:00 p.m.