Bucks County Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, (267) 284–5000. The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Commission on Postsecondary Accreditation.
Our Areas of Accreditation
- Bucks County Community College is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD);
- Bucks County Community College is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM);
- The Business and Innovation Department is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP);
- Associate Degree Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., (ACEN) and approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing;
- The Paralegal area is approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- The Radiography Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- The Practical Nursing Program is approved by the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing.
- The Medical Laboratory Technician Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
Eligibility standards for our athletic programs are set by the Eastern Pennsylvania Athletic Conference (EPAC), Region XIX of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) National Office, and the Intercollegiate Horse Shows Association (IHSA).
The college is approved for Veterans' Education by the Department of Education of the Commonwealth.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) uses an eight year cycle for reaffirmation of accreditation. The cycle begins with the Self-Study Report and campus visit, requires submission of a Mid-Point Peer Review at year 4 and an annual Insitutional Update. The cyle concludes in year 8 with the next Self-Study report and campus visit.
History of Reaffirmed Accreditation
In June 2012 the MSCHE reaffirmed accreditation for Bucks County Community College. In November 2017 the MSCHE accepted the June 2017 Periodic Review Report submitted by the college and reaffirmed accreditation. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2021-2022.