Vision, Mission, Values, and Goals
We envision Bucks County Community College as a vibrant center for community engagement and learning, providing innovative paths that inspire educational, career, and personal fulfillment.
Bucks County Community College provides a diverse community of learners with exemplary, accessible educational opportunities and the personal connections that foster success.
To support our mission, we:
- Engage and support students in learning experiences that lead to academic excellence and provide a foundation for the pursuit of higher degrees and lifelong learning.
- Empower students with the skills and credentials to secure employment in their fields and the capability to adapt and respond to the changing needs of tomorrow’s workplace.
- Develop the critical thinking skills, broad-based knowledge, and the social, ethical, and civic responsibility of our students.
- Enrich the intellectual, cultural, and recreational life of the community.
2019-2025 Strategic Plan
Connection. Community. Commitment.
1. Our Learners of Tomorrow - We will ensure our learners achieve their future success through a unique, personalized and responsive Bucks Experience. Our "One College" integrated approach will serve all learners, traditional and post-traditional, credit and non-credit.
2. Our Promise - We will provide all students with comprehensive and innovative support personalized to their needs, challenges and preferences. Advisors and support staff will meet students where they are - regardless of modality - and always with student success at the forefront. We will support them to achieve their goals through a culture of care.
3. Our Programs - We will offer flexible, adaptable credit and non-credit lifelong learning. High demand, occupational programs based on regional needs will join our already excellent transfer programs to provide an inclusive credit and non-credit curriuclar roadmap that not only efficiently navigates students to their destinations, but also offers alternate routes as students' needs evolve. The community will recognize the college as a premier provider of lifelong learning.
4. Our People - We will foster connections and shared goals between and among students, faculty, and staff across divisions. We will create and sustain a healthy campus climate by ensuring all college community members feel welcomed, supported, included, and valued by the college and each other. We will attract highly qualified and diverse faculty and staff, and provide an environment in which all can thrive professionally.
5. Our Partners - We will become an educational partner of choice in our community through an integrated approach to the learning needs of our business, industry and non-profit partners. We will build new solutions and engage in strategic partnerships in our region that are mutually beneficial to the college and our partners.
6. Our Technology - We will continuously enable modern technology for our learners, faculty and staff that is simple to use, accessible across devices and enables efficiency, productivity and student success. We will utilize data and analytics across the student experience and in the administration of the college for continuous improvement and predictive capabilities. We will be a solutions provider, internally and externally.
7. Our Communication - We will expand current markets and cultivate new ones through innovative branding and marketing of our programs, opportunities, and value. We will share student stories so our students and community know how Bucks changes lives. We will strengthen internal communication with students, faculty and staff by utilizing new technologies and ensuring excellent service.
8. Our Financial Sustainability - We will ensure that the college is fiscally strong while supporting student success. We will engage in comprehensive, transparent financial review of all credit and non-credit programs; periodic and agile assessment of new revenue streams and markets; and stewardship of human capital, resources and campus facilties.
Our Core Values
- a culture of learning that fosters continuous improvement
- excellence in teaching and service to students
- respect for the individual
- open-minded civil discourse
- diversity and an understanding of world cultures
- innovation and creativity
- responsible stewardship of resources
- ability to adapt to change
- service to the community