Student Consumer Information
General Institutional Information
- Accessibility Office - Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Articulation Agreements
- Bookstore Return Policy
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Complaints or Concerns - Resolution of Student Complaints or Concerns
- Computer Use and File Sharing
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
- Copyright Infringement - Policies and Sanctions
- Educational Program
- Staff and Faculty Directory
- Instructional Facilities
- Price of Attendance and Net Price Calculator
- Privacy of Student Records Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Student Activities
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Body Diversity
- Textbook Information
- Transfer of Credit Information
Students should consult the course syllabus provided by each instructor for specific attendance requirements. Students applying for or receiving Financial Aid assistance should review the Eligibility Requirements for class attendance. The following programs of study have additional attendance requirements:
- Practical Nursing Program Student Handbook and Consumer Information (see page 16)
- AD Nursing Student Handbook and Attendance Policy
- Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Student Handbook and Attendance Policy (see page 12)
- Radiography Student Handbook and Attendance Policy (see page 11)
- Nurse Aide Policy and Admission Procedure Handbook(see page 31)
Student Financial Assistance
- Assistance Available From Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Student Loan Information
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
Health and Safety
- Anti-Hazing Annual Report
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Biannual Review Report
- Emergency Notifications
- Vaccination Policies: Proof of vaccinations are required by some College programs, including:
- Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics and Crime Log
- Information Guide for Victims of Sexual Assault
- Information for Victims of Sexual Assault (web pages)
- Other Campus Security Information
- Completion, Graduation & Transfer Rates
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Achievement
- Graduated Students - Employment
- Retention Rates
- Paralegal Program Outcomes
- Fire Science Associates Degree
- Emergency Management Associates Degree
- Fire Science Academic Certificate
- Fire Prevention and Investigation Academic Certificate
- Emergency Management Academic Certificate
- Licensure/Certification Pass Rates
- EKG Certification Pass Rates
- Medical Laboratory Technician Pass Rates
- Nurse Aide Certification Pass Rates
- Phlebotomy Certification Pass Rates
- Practical Nursing Licensure Examination Pass Rates
- Professional (PA State term) (or Registered) Nursing Licensure Examination Pass
- Radiography Certification Pass Rates
Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data
View data, then click on "Get Data for One Institution," then type Bucks County Community College into the box under "Name of Institution," and then click on the "Search" button at the bottom of the page on the left. Next click on the link with the College's name.
Title IX Coordinator: Dennis McCauley, Director, Office of Security and Safety, 215-968-8393.
Title IX Deputy for Athletics: Matt Cipriano, Director of Student Life and Athletic Programs, 215-968-8255.
Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
Having trouble finding what you need? The College's contact person for Student Consumer Information Services is the Director of Financial Aid. Questions and requests for information, including requests for paper copies of any of the information linked to from this page, should be directed to: Director of Financial Aid, Bucks County Community College, 275 Swamp Road, Newtown, PA 18940.
Additional information on retention rates, number of students completing majors, and similar types of information should be requested from: Office of Institutional Research, Bucks County Community College, 275 Swamp Road, Newtown, PA 18940.
Opting Out of Data Collection
Student Right to Know
As required by the Student Consumer Information Regulations, established under Title I of the Educational Amendment of 1976, the College provides information to current and prospective students concerning the academic programs offered by the College and the financial assistance programs available to students.
The College participates in all major federal and state financial aid programs. This Catalog includes a section on the College's Financial Aid Programs, including descriptions of the various programs, application procedures, eligibility requirements, criteria for selecting recipients, criteria for determining award amounts, and a statement of the rights and responsibilities for students receiving financial assistance.
In addition to this information, the Financial Aid Office has prepared a Financial Aid Brochure which summarizes the aid programs available for current and prospective students. Requests for information and application materials should be directed to: Financial Aid Office, Bucks County Community College, Newtown, PA 18940.
This Catalog includes a section outlining tuition and fee charges for full and part-time students, as well as estimates for books and supplies, off-campus housing, transportation, and personal expenses. It is important to understand that this information is based upon typical expenses for the "average" student, and may vary greatly from student to student, depending upon housing plans, transportation arrangements, and other personal factors.
The College's Refund Policy is outlined in the Expenses section of this Catalog. It is the responsibility of the student to be aware of this refund policy, and to notify the College in writing of intent to withdraw from courses or the College.
The Office of Instructional Research maintains information on student retention rates by academic programs and also information on the number of students completing majors. In addition, this office conducts an annual follow-up study on post-graduate activities. This study includes information on numbers of students transferring to other colleges and universities and locating full and part-time jobs.
Additional information on retention rates, number of students completing majors, and similar types of information should be requested from: Office of Institutional Research, Bucks County Community College, Newtown, PA 18940.
The College's contact person for Student Consumer Information Services is the Director of Financial Aid. Questions and requests for information should be directed to: Director of Financial Aid, Bucks County Community College, Newtown, PA 18940.
As a result of the Higher Education Amendments of 1998, the following list and brief descriptions are being made available so that students and parents will know what office(s) to contact for required disclosures:
- Rights Under Family Education Rights and Privacy Act - This Act was written to protect the privacy of education records. Questions may be addressed to the Registrar's Office.
- Completion/Graduation Rates - This will show completion or graduation rate of cohort of certificate or degree-seeking, full-time undergraduates who graduated or completed their program of study within 150% of the normal time for graduation or completion. Questions may be addressed to the Office of Institutional Research.
- Report on Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data - Includes disclosures regarding institutional revenues and expenses attributable to intercollegiate athletic activities as well as disclosures regarding athletic participation. Questions may be addressed to the Director of Athletics, Bucks County Community College, Newtown, PA 18940.