Summer 2022 Covid Safety Information
This pandemic continues to drive the college’s decisions and policies. Please be aware that Kids on Campus adheres to these decisions and policies set forth by Bucks County Community College. Kids on Campus will update parents and guardians as soon as we receive any changes and/or updated information from the college. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding for any last-minute changes to procedures and policies the college provides us within dealing with COVID-19.
In following Bucks County Community College's safety protocols, there will be no mask exemptions. This may change and we will update everyone if we receive new information from the college.
Please check our COVID site for updates and the current COVID-19 safety procedures that are in place at the college.
- All camps have limited enrollment. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Prior to registering for a camp, please read the camp description carefully so you are aware of the camp requirements.
- Please let us know at the time of registration if your child has any special accommodations or modifications that we need to be aware of.
- The college does not provide insurance for possible injury during the sessions. Participants should be prepared to show that adequate coverage has been obtained from other sources.
- Kids on Campus Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Registration Summer Office Hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- If you have any additional questions, please contact Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Welcome Letter
Kids on Campus 2022 Parent Welcome Letter
CAMP EMERGENCY INFORMATION CARD:
Please fill out the Camp Emergency Information Card for each camper that is attending camp this Summer. Extra emergency card forms can be found here: 2022 Camp Emergency Information Card.
It is imperative that Kids on Campus receives the emergency card information for our nursing staff. For your child's safety and protection, this information must be returned at least two weeks prior to the start date of your child's camp. We will need this information to contact you in case your child experiences an accident or illness. You can also email the emergency card information to email@example.com.
The security, confidentiality and privacy of your camper’s personal health information will always be protected. Only Kids on Campus’s administrative and health staff will have access to camper health information.
Campers will not be admitted to camp without a completed Camp Emergency Information Card.
Program Refund Policy
- There is a $35 non-refundable fee for any cancellation. Refunds (less $35) will be made ONLY when you notify the Continuing Education Office AT LEAST SEVEN (7) DAYS before the first day of the program.
- If you have paid by check, your refund will arrive in three weeks. Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card payments will be credited to your account.
- If you need to cancel a camp for any reason, please cancel a camp by calling the Registration Office at 215-968-8409.
Important Information For Face to Face Camps
- If an emergency occurs, and you need to notify your child, please call the Office of Continuing Education at 215-968-8409 or 215-968-8016. We will contact your child. We discourage the use of cell phones during our camp day as it is disruptive to the camp program.
- Bucks County Community College also provides a free emergency text alert to notify if there are unexpected closings due to weather, power outages, or an unsafe situation on campus. To sign up for the service that will send a message on your phone please text Bucks to 79516.
- Prior to attending camp, an emergency card will be sent in the Camp Welcome Packet. Please fill out the emergency card and return it to Kids on Campus. The emergency card information is for our nursing staff.
- The College does not provide insurance for possible injury during the sessions. Participants should be prepared to show that adequate coverage has been obtained from other sources.
- If a camper is sick the morning of or the night before camp, especially with a fever, please keep camper home to recover for at least 24 hours.
- If a camper is sick during the day, it is the nurse’s responsibility, not the camper’s, to contact the parent/guardian of the camper to pick the camper up.
- Kids on Campus staff reserve the right to decline entry for any camper who looks and/or sounds unwell.
- All injuries, illness, or emotional related incidents are to be referred to the nurse first. The nurse will assess the situation and, if necessary, contact additional resources for assistance.
- The nurse will determine if:
- Camper’s parent/guardian is to be called
- Camper is okay to return to the group but will be observed by the camp instructor and if the camper is still complaining will be taken back to the nurse
- If a camper is deemed not fit to return to camp for any reason, the parents/guardians must pick camper up and take camper home.
- Your child may NOT carry medication at camp without a specific doctor’s order to do so (ex. Inhalers, insulin, epinephrine, etc.) The nurses must see the note and medication. Otherwise the nurse will hold all medications.
- Every Monday, please see the nurses at the tent with all medication and documentation.
- You must have the prescription label on the medication and doctors care plan if necessary. Also, please check expiration dates.
- On the last day of your child’s camp, you must see the nurses to pick up your child’s medication.
- Please note that all camps begin promptly at 9:00 am and campers will depart from the Pavilion at that time. Parents/guardians who drop off their campers after the morning camper drop off will need to go to Cottage 3. A Kids on Campus Staff member will be able to escort the camper to camp from Cottage 3.
- If you need to pick-up your child early from camp, please fill out the Kids on Campus Early Dismissal Form. You must hand this form in at morning check-in to the Camp Instructor. (This form may be duplicated as needed.)
- If you need to pick up your camper early for any reason, your camper will be escorted by a Camp Assistant to Cottage 3. If the early dismissal was planned, your camper will be escorted close to the scheduled time of early dismissal. Your camper will wait in the upstairs Kids on Campus Office area until you arrive. Please come to Cottage 3 to Sign Out your camper with identification.
- At this time, the cafeteria continues to be closed. We will make an announcement, in the event that this changes as we get closer to the summer. Therefore, all Campers are required to bring their own packed lunch each day to camp.
- If a camper forgets his/her lunch, then we will call the parent/guardian who must bring a packed lunch for the camper. We are unable to provide a lunch to campers who forgot to bring their lunch and it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility that the camper has a lunch each day for camp.
- In your camper’s lunch, please make sure to pack extra water, snacks, and utensils.
- If rain is expected on any camp day, please be sure your child has a raincoat and/or umbrella since he/she will be walking to and from Lot “S4.” The Pavilion will provide shelter during inclement weather while all children are arriving for camps or waiting for pick-up. Please be patient; this can take a little longer than usual.
- Outdoor activities will be held indoors during inclement weather.
Camper Drop-Off & Pick-Up Directions
IMPORTANT: ALL TRAFFIC MUST ENTER BY THE EAST GATE (This is the entrance with the traffic light, closest to Newtown)
- Parents/Guardians, along with their camper(s), must know which camp your camper(s) are registered each week to make the drop-off and pick-up a smooth process. Please factor in extra wait time in the mornings and afternoons for drop-off and pick-up of campers.
- All Camps are located at the Newtown Campus, unless otherwise stated.
- From the Newtown Bypass, drive past Tyler State Park Entrance onto Swamp Road to a traffic light. Make a left at this traffic light to enter the college campus at the EAST GATE. After turning left, continue straight ahead to lower Parking Lot ‘S4’ (Student Parking Lot 4) and turn right into the parking lot. Please park your vehicle and escort your child to the Tent Check-in/out area.
- Parents and Guardians are to drop-off and pick-up their campers at the Newtown Campus’s Student Parking Lot 4 each day.
Drop-Off (8:30-9:00 am):
- From the Newtown Bypass, drive past Tyler State Park Entrance onto Swamp Road to a traffic light. Make a left at this traffic light to enter the college campus at the EAST GATE. After turning left, continue straight ahead to lower Parking Lot ‘S4’ and turn right into the parking lot. Please park your vehicle and escort your child to the Tent Check-in/out area where there will be a sign of the camp and the camp’s instructor waiting to check campers in. There will be another tent with tables underneath where the nurses and Kids on Campus Office Staff will be located to answer any questions. At this tent, parents/guardians will have the ability at check in to give the nurse any medication the camper needs to take during the day and during pick up on Fridays will pick up their camper’s medication. The Camp Instructor will be waiting for their campers and will watch their campers. Once all of the campers arrive, the instructor will walk their campers to the assigned classroom for the day.
- For the safety of all campers and for an accurate attendance, campers must only be dropped off at the Tent Check-in/out Area each day. Please do not go to the classrooms to drop off your camper. If the camper is late or arriving late due to an appointment, please see the Late Drop Off section for instructions.
Pick-Up (3:30 pm):
- Enter the College campus at the EAST GATE. After turning into campus gate, continue straight ahead to lower parking lot “S4”; turn right and follow the signs along the marked barricade. Please park your vehicle and go to the Tent Check-in/out area to check out your camper with the camp instructor where you dropped-off your camper in the morning.Instructors will be waiting with their campers under their camp sign in the Pavilion and Tent waiting area ready to check-out the camper with the parent/guardian who arrives for pick-up.
- Campers must only be picked-up at the Tent Check-in/out Area each day. If the camper is leaving early due to an appointment, is sick, and/or needs to be picked-up early, please see the Early Pick-Up section for instructions.
Teens on Campus
- Teens on Campus Programs may have different drop-off and pick-up times than Kids on Campus Camps.
- Teens on Campus drop-off and pick-up will be in the same location as the Kids on Campus Camps, unless the program is located at a different Bucks County Community College Campus.
- Teens on Campus follows the same policies and procedures as Kids on Campus.
Extended Hours Program (Before and Aftercare)
- We are unable to provide Before and After Care this summer. Please make sure your campers are dropped off between 8:30 – 9:00 am and are picked up at 3:30 pm each day.
Gift Certificates can be purchased in any amount and applied to your camper’s favorite camp! Contact us for more information.
firstname.lastname@example.org (215) 968-8409