Building & Construction Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program
Program begins April 10
Do you enjoy working with your hands and want to learn the skills necessary to start a career in an in-demand field? The new Building & Construction Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program at Bucks is for you.Sign Up for Information
Building and construction skilled workers are in high demand. To help fill this need, Bucks County Community College has partnered with local unions and companies to offer free training and career service assistance. You will learn from industry experts with extensive experience in their field at the state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Technologies (CAT) on the Gene and Marlene Epstein Campus at Lower Bucks in Bristol, PA.
The 11-week, 288-hour curricula will provide the fundamental education necessary for graduates to apply for a Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) or secure a high-paying family-sustaining job. Additionally, you will earn OSHA-10 and Aerial Platform Lift Safety certificates.
|Registered Apprenticeship Trades|
|Elevator Constructors||Insulators||Iron Workers|
|Laborers||Operation Engineers||Painters and Finishers|
|Roofers||SEIU 32B||Sheet Metal Workers|
Upcoming Information Sessions
Attend an information session at our Epstein Campus at Lower Bucks located in Bristol, PA. Learn more about this exciting opportunity and explore our brand-new CAT facility. To learn more, contact Christine Harvie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Wednesday, March 1||1 pm||Center for Advanced Technologies, 1302 Veterans Highway, Bristol, PA|
|Tuesday, March 7||1 pm||Center for Advanced Technologies, 1302 Veterans Highway, Bristol, PA|
- 11-weeks, in-person, hands-on education
- Industry tours and guest speakers
- Free to those who qualify
- Training for entry-level jobs in high demand
- Individual career and job placement services
- Veterans and women strongly encouraged to apply
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/possess a Green Card and a resident of PA
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass a drug screening, background screen (determined on a case-by-case basis), aptitude test, and physical test
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must be ready to work in building trades upon graduating from the program
The program is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry PA Smart Grant.