Building & Construction Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program
The next cohort begins March 4, 2024.
Do you enjoy working with your hands and want to learn the skills necessary to start a career in an in-demand field? The new Building & Construction Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program at Bucks is for you.Request Information
Building and construction skilled workers are in high demand. To help fill this need, Bucks County Community College has partnered with Philadelphia Building and Construction Labor Unions to offer free training to prepare you for applying to union registered apprenticeships. You will learn from industry experts with extensive experience in their field at the state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Technologies (CAT) on the Gene and Marlene Epstein Campus at Lower Bucks in Bristol, PA.
The 10-week, 288-hour curricula will provide the fundamental education necessary for graduates to apply for a Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP). Additionally, you will earn OSHA-10-Construction, CPR & First Aid/AED and Aerial Platform Lift Safety certificates.
Both information session dates are now full and will no longer be accepting sign-ups.
|Registered Apprenticeship Trades
|Painters and Finishers
|Cement Masons & Plasterers
|Sheet Metal Workers
- 10-weeks, in-person, hands-on education
- Union training center tours and guest speakers from unions
- FREE to all those who are accepted into the program
- Veterans and women strongly encouraged to apply
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/possess a Green Card and a resident of PA
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass a drug screening, background screen (determined on a case-by-case basis), aptitude test, and physical test
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must apply to union registered apprenticeships in the building trades
The program is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry PA Smart Grant.