Early Learning Center
Since 1973, the Early Learning Center or ELC as it is known, has provided high-quality child care at Bucks County Community College. The center is licensed as a day care center by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. The ELC also participates in the Pennsylvania Keystone Stars quality definition program.
- Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the school year
- Our summer camp operates from mid-June to mid-August.
The Early Childhood Learning Center’s mission is to provide excellent care and education for the two to five year old children of the students, alumni, faculty and staff of Bucks County Community College, and our local community members The ELC makes available a setting in which Bucks students are able to observe the best practices in the early childhood field. Our programs enable parents to participate in College classes, programs and activities while their children have fun! We value community, diversity, respect, excellence and joy, and strive to provide an environment in which children, parents, teachers and college students learn, explore and grow together.
At the heart of the ELC program for children ages, 2-5 (Preschool/Pre-K) is a wholehearted respect for children and belief in their abilities. Important elements of our programs are:
- Carefully prepared learning environments, which offer children genuine choices and opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- Teacher-planned activities which are based on traditional school themes and special interests of children and parents, including current happenings in the campus community.
- A curriculum designed to facilitate the development of general cognitive skills, as well as specific skills in language, mathematical reasoning, science, art, music and fine and gross motor abilities.
- The involvement of parents and other family members, who share their interests and talents with ELC children.
- Mutually enriching shared activities with college departments and student organizations.
- The utilization of campus areas and resources for program enrichment.