6.5 Clean Air Zone
The College subscribes to a tobacco free environment. There shall be no smoking, use of tobacco products, or use of e-cigarettes permitted in any campus building or designated Clean Air zone whatsoever. Smoking and use of tobacco products or e-cigarettes is permitted only in designated perimeter parking lots.
Procedure: Maintaining Clean Air Zones
Smoking and use of tobacco products or e-cigarettes in Clean Air zones is a violation of the College Code of Conduct as well as of College Policy 1.15.
- The sale and distribution of all tobacco products and e-cigarettes is prohibited.
- Clean Air Zones are designated by posted signs and zone determination is reviewed on a
- Programs on smoking cessation, support services and information are provided to members
of the College community.
- The policy is communicated to the campus community and the public through print and electronic means including but not limited to the College website, catalogs, brochures, intranet, advertisements, and media coverage.
- Students and employees are advised of the provisions of this policy during new student and employee orientations.
- External organizations, visitors and independent contractors are to be notified of the policy in advance by their primary campus contact. Failure to comply may disqualify them from future use of the campus.
- Managers and supervisors are responsible for keeping employees informed.
- All employees are authorized and encouraged to communicate and reinforce this policy with courtesy and diplomacy to any person whom they see violating the policy.
- Compliance with the policy is the responsibility of all members of the BCCC campus community. Violation of the policy by faculty and staff will result in appropriate disciplinary action in accordance with established Human Resources guidelines
- Students reported to be in violation of the College Code due to use of prohibited tobacco products or e-cigarettes will be charged and sanctioned by the process detailed within the College Code of Conduct.
- Visitors or other non-employees will be politely informed of any policy violation and provided with information explaining the policy in a supportive and educational manner. Anyone in violation of the Bucks Clean Air Zone will be asked to cease smoking or using the tobacco product or e-cigarette. Any who refuse to do so may be asked to leave campus.