IT Academy Cyber Security
Certificate in Information Assurance
- Fundamentals of System Security
- Introduction to Computer Forensics
- Incident Response and Computer Forensics
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures
- Network Monitoring, Security & Forensics
(not required for certificate)
Click Here to view the Cyber Security Brochure
Fundamentals of System Security
This course introduces the basics of systems security. Emphasis is placed on access controls, networking, auditing, security operations, and malicious code activity. This course is aligned to the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) exam.
Certification: ISC2 SCCP Certification.
Text: The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the SSCP CBK, 5th Edition
This course provides an introduction to the concepts and techniques used in computer forensics. Emphasis is placed on understanding the basic concepts of forensics, the legal and ethical implications of forensics, as well as hands-on experience capturing and examining forensic images. This course is aligned with the taking of the AccessData ACE Certification, which demonstrates knowledge of the use of their forensic tools.
Incident Response + Computer Forensics
Incident response is a coordinated and structured approach to go from incident detection to resolution. This course builds on Computer Forensics, and focuses on the tools and techniques used in the evaluation and remediation of computer incidents. Emphasis is placed on understanding the practical application of forensics as applied to malware and other information system threats. (CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler)
Certification: CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures
This course introduces the basics of ethical hacking, and includes practical, hands-on labs designed to teach students how to prepare and defend against intrusions. This course is aligned to the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam.
Certification: EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam. (Voucher included in tuition)
Text: CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-one Exam Guide, Third Edition Kindle version
Professional development has been the key building my career. As a cyber-security professional I knew that the Ethical Hacker program at Bucks County Community college offered the training I needed to improve my skill set. All the classes I have taken had skilled instructors, well-designed programs, and good systems for hands-on learning. I passed the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and Bucks was a large part of my success. – Randall C. Cole
Network Monitoring, Security & Forensics
The first of its kind at Bucks Community college, this cyber security course will leverage Elasticsearch, Kibana and other open source network data collection technologies to help the student not only understand what is happening on the network but also how to detect and make actionable decisions on events occurring real time in their environment. This class will include a multitude of hands on labs that will enable the student to visualize the state of the networks they are monitoring and protecting.
This course will focus on the concepts and practical application of Network Security Monitoring (NSM) using open source software to augment commercial products deployed within an organizations network. We will focus on three primary strategies, Collection, Detection and Analysis. Within these strategies we will discuss, plan and implement tools and techniques to build out or augment your security operations.
At the conclusion of this class students should be able to specify, deploy and manage NSM collectors and conduct analysis of collected data to produce actionable security responses to build upon the organization’s overall security posture.
Certification: Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA)
Concepts discussed in class and during hands on labs will build on the following concepts:
- Introduction to NSM and NSM concepts
- Planning NSM data collection
- Sensors platforms and management using Security Onion/RockNSM
- Session and flow data leveraging Zeek/Suricata
- Analysis of flow data using SiLK/Argus
- Packet data collection and parsing, tools and techniques
- Detection concepts and processes
- Indications of compromise use and application
- Network based IDS (NIDS) using Snort/Suricata
- Zeek analysis
- SIEM introduction using the Elastic Stack or (ELK)
- Visualization of NSM data using ELK
- Honeypots and Honeynet concepts and use
- Threat Intelligence
- NSM Analysis and Process
Advanced Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures
Building on the Ethical Hacking course (WITAC 2121), this course covers advanced penetration testing techniques and defenses. While the focus will be on developing the skill sets of the participants, the course will also focus on the defenses needed to protect the infrastructure from these types of attacks. No textbook required. Instructor will provide materials via slides and other handouts as necessary.
Students are required to purchase the following items prior to first class:
Canakit Raspberry Pi3 Complete Starter Kit, $69.99, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6Q2GSY?PSC=1
UTRONICS IEEE 802.3af Micro USB Active PoE Splitter Power Over Ethernet 48V to 5V 2.4A for Tablets, Dropcam or Rasberry Pi, $9.49,https://www.amazon.com/UTRONICS-802-3af-Splitter-Ethernet-Raspberry/dp/B01MDLUSE7/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1492782528&sr=1-3&keywords=raspberry+pi+poe+adapter
Anker USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1 for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SD Micro SDHC Card, Support UHS-I Cards, 18 Months Warranty, $7.99, https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Reader-RS-MCC-Support-Warranty/dp/B006T9B6R2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1492782667&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+micro+sd+card+reader
Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
Upon completion of this course, students will have a working knowledge of all eight domains required to be an effective manager in a cybersecurity environment. These eight domains include:
* Security and Risk Management
* Asset Security
* Security Engineering
* Communication and Network Security
* Identity and Access Management
* Security Assessment and Testing
* Security Operations
* Software Development Security
This class will prepare students to sit for the CISSP exam.
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that demonstrates competency in network security; compliance and operational security; threats and vulnerabilities; application, data and host security; access control and identity management;and cryptography. CompTIA Security+ provides the knowledge of security concepts, tools and procedures to react to security incidents. Prerequisite: Basic computer and networking knowledge including file management in a Windows environment.
This course will prepare you to pass the current CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 certification exam. After taking this course, you will understand the field of network security and how it relates to other areas of information technology. This course also provides the broad-based knowledge necessary to prepare for further study in specialized security fields, or it can serve as a capstone course that gives a general introduction to the field.
Tuition $895 (test voucher included), Text: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-501 Study Guide, ISBN# 978-1939136053
Certification Test: SY0-501 for CompTIA Security+ Certification
Certification Information at www.comptia.org
WITAC 1024 - CCNA SECURITY (70HRS) WITAC 1024
CCNA Security prepares you to design, implement, and support security for networked devices. The 70 hour course builds on the first 2 CCNA Routing & Switching courses and prepares you for Cisco Security certification. Add a security specialty to your CCNA networking skills and expand your career opportunities.
- Develop a working knowledge of network security principles, tools, and configurations.
- Study with an instructor in the classroom and access expert content online anytime.
- Practice what you learn using both real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer, a network configuration simulation tool.
- Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
- Prepare for the workplace with collaborative projects and presentations.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
- As people, process, data, and things become more connected, the demand for security professionals is rapidly increasing. CCNA Security curriculum builds the skills you need to get hired and succeed in jobs related to network security. Recognized by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) to meet the CNSS 4011 training standard.
- Career pathways include: network security specialist, security administrator, network security engineer, information security professionals, and more.
- Certification: CCNA Security
About Instructor-led Courses
- Cisco Networking Academy partners with educational providers to deliver on-site, instructor-led learning experiences. Cisco Networking Academy is an IT skills and career building development program for learning institutions and individuals worldwide. We've prepared more than 6 million people to join the IT workforce since 1997.
- Can you think like a hacker? A security specialist has to stay up-to-date on technology and discover weak spots before someone else does. They enjoy solving complex problems, and are able to document and communicate about their work.
- Job Titles: Security Administrator (infrastructure, data, and applications), Network Security Architect, Network Security Engineer, Network Security Specialist