Metalworking Training Program
Discover Bucks | Metalwork Training Program
Are you mechanically inclined, like to work with your hands and looking for a quick-start career opportunity? Over 90% job placement rate!
The Pre-Apprenticeship Metalwork Training Program includes theory as well as hands on skills training, and introduces participants to the fundamental concepts and skills required to be a machinist in the field of advanced manufacturing. Curriculum concentrates on shop math, measurement tools and systems, blueprint reading, safety, hand tools, manual machines, CNC machining and welding.
Earn eight stackable credentials in 12 weeks to prepare for entry-level positions in manufacturing. Get ready for a new career, with in-demand skills for good paying jobs. Students will receive a certificate of completion, plus OSHA10 and Forklift Safety Training certification, and sit for the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) exam for Measurement, Materials, and Safety Certification.
Average starting rate $15+/hour + benefits!
Training is FREE for to those who qualify through the PA CareerLink.
One-on-one job placement assistance is given to those who complete the program.
Training starts December 2; call for more information or to apply.
Call now: 267-685-4884 or email: email@example.com
"I completed the very first cohort in February 2016. I now have a rewarding, high paying career that I take pride in." James W.
- 12-Week, Monday-Thursday
(Bristol class hours: 8:30am - 3:00pm, Perkasie class hours: noon - 6:30pm)
- Friday morning company tours
- FREE for those who qualify
- Employer Driven, Entry Level
- Individual Job Placement Services, with high placement rate!
- Veterans Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Requirements for the program:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/possess a Green Card
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED
- Must pass an interview and mechanical aptitude test
- Must pass a drug screening, background check (determined on a case-by case basis), and physical test
- Must have reliable transportation to commute to training and a variety of industry field trips
- Must be ready to work in Advanced Manufacturing
Bristol classes are held at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Center in Bristol, Pennsylvania.
Perkasie classes are held at the Upper Bucks Campus, Perkasie and the Upper Bucks County Technical School for the hands on portion of training.
This is a great opportunity to up-skill or re-tool for your future!