Metalwork Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program
Do you like to work with your hands, are you mechanically inclined, and looking to start a new career?
The award-winning Metalwork program may be for you. Over 90% job placement rate!
Next training will start February 14, 2022.
Bucks County Community College’s Metalwork Training Program was awarded the 2019 Exemplary Program Award Winner (EPA) by The National Council of Continuing Education and Training (NCCET) and was also recognized as a Pre-Apprenticeship Program by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.
The Metalwork Pre-ApprenticeshipTraining Program includes theory as well as hands-on skills training and introduces participants to the fundamental concepts and skills required to be a machinist in the field of advanced manufacturing. Typical jobs obtained after training: Machinist, CNC Operator, Q & A Inspector. Workers skilled in Metalwork are in high demand and Bucks County Community College has partnered with local employers to fill numerous positions. Average starting rate of $17 - $20/hour + benefits!
Learn from industry experts with extensive experience in the field as they instruct curriculum that includes measurement tools and systems, blueprint reading, safety, hand tools, manual machines, CNC machining, welding, and shop math.
Earn eight stackable credentials in 12 weeks to prepare for entry-level positions in manufacturing. Get ready for a new career, with in-demand skills, for well-paying jobs. Participants will receive a certificate of completion, plus OSHA10 and Forklift Safety Training certification, and sit for the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) exam for Measurement, Materials, and Safety Certification.
Training is FREE for individuals who meet eligibility requirements. One-on-one job placement assistance is given to those that complete the program; over a 90% placement rate.
"I completed the very first cohort in February 2016. I now have a rewarding, high paying career that I take pride in." James W.
Next training to start February 14, 2022.
Attend an information session to learn more and apply! We look forward to seeing you there.
|January 13, 2022||1:00 pm||Online; call or email to register. Bridget.firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-685-4884|
|January 20, 2022||1:00 pm||Online; call or email to register. Bridget.email@example.com or 267-685-4884|
If you would like to find out more, call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-685-4884.
- 12-Weeks, Monday-Thursday, and some Fridays
- Bristol class hours: 8:30am - 3:00pm
- In-person instruction
- Company tours
- FREE for those who qualify
- Employer Driven, Entry Level
- Individual Job Placement Services, with high placement rate!
- Veterans Strongly Encouraged to Apply
- Earn 12 college credits in 12 weeks towards an associate’s degree to prepare for entry-level positions in manufacturing
Requirements for the program:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/possess a Green Card
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED
- Must pass an interview and mechanical aptitude test
- Must pass a drug screening, background check (determined on a case-by-case basis), and physical test
- Must have reliable transportation to commute to training and a variety of industry field trips
- Must be ready to work in Advanced Manufacturing
Bristol classes are held at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Center in Bristol, Pennsylvania.
This is a great opportunity to up-skill or re-tool for your future!
This program is funded by the County of Bucks.