School-Age Professional Credential
Pennsylvania School-Age Professional Credential (SAPC)
Brigitte Hix, M.A. PQAS Certified
This 120-hour program can be articulated to six college credits for the following two 3-credit courses upon completion of the Pennsylvania School-Age Professional Credential (SAPC) and matriculation at Bucks County Community College toward the Early Childhood Education: Pre-K to Grade Four Associate Degree. (If student work is deemed appropriate by our Prior Learning Assessment Department.
- EDUC 105 Foundations for Early Learning (PreK-4)
- EDUC 130 Early Learning and Development II
The School Age Professional Credential prepares you to become a successful educator and provide quality services for children and families. You will learn the benefits of earning your School Age Professional Credential and identify the qualities needed to be a successful candidate, understand the history, review the 6 Competency Standards, learn the SAPC-NAEYC Connection, know the components of the Professional Resource Binder and the credentialing process and earn 3 hours toward your School Age Professional (SAPC) Credential.
The SAPC focuses on 6 Competency Goals and 13 Functional Areas which encompasses 8 Subject Areas:
- Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
- Advancing children's physical and intellectual development
- Supporting children's social and emotional development
- Building productive relationships with families
- Managing an effective program
- Maintaining a Commitment to Professionalism
INTRODUCTION TO SAPC CREDENTIAL - FREE SESSION WSMCE 3261 C01
8/24/23 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Want to learn more about the program. Please join us for a FREE Live Online information session via Zoom.
You must pre-register for the information session. Call 215-969-8409 to register or register online.
The School Age Professional Credential prepares you to become a successful educator and provide quality services for children and families. You will learn the benefits of earning your School Age Professional Credential and identify the qualities needed to be a successful candidate, understand the history, review the
6 Competency Standards, learn the SAPC-NAEYC Connection, and know the components of the Professional Resource Binder.
When you register for the SAPC Certificate Course, you will earn 3 hours toward your SAPC Credential.
School Age Professional Credential WSMCE 3270 C50
9/21 - 12/21 6:30pm - 9:00pm
These 120 hours of the SAPC program will focus on the following subject areas:
• Subject Area 1: Establishing a safe, healthy out of school
• Subject Area 2: Advancing children’s physical and intellectual
• Subject Area 3: Supporting children’s social and emotional
• Subject Area 4: Building a positive and productive
relationships with family
• Subject Area 5: Ensure a well-run and purposeful program.
• Subject Area 6: Maintain a commitment to professionalism.
For further information, please see our website at
For information about the SAPC Assessment, please go to the PA
Keys website at www.pakeys.org.