Accessibility Transfer Support
Students transferring from Bucks County Community College (Bucks) to another institution (college/university)
Students transferring from Bucks County Community College (Bucks) should:
- Apply online to the transfer institution(s), submit a request that their Bucks transcript is sent directly to the institution(s).
Transcript Request Form
- Apply for Financial aid or update the FAFSA.
- Many applications require essays and The Academic Success Center can assist in the writing of the application essays.
If you choose to disclose your disability, you must contact the Disability Services Office at your new institution for their policies and procedures on how to register for services. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, students are not required to disclose any disability on their application. It is the responsibility of the student to contact the Disability Services Offices at any higher education institution where they are taking classes or participating in programming if they would like to have accommodations put in place.
Steps to follow for current Bucks students looking to obtain accommodations at a transfer institution:
- Contact the Disability Services Offices at the transfer institution.
- Obtain all contact information for the person(s) that the student will be working with at the transfer institution Disability Services Offices.
- Contact the Bucks Accessibility Office, from your Bucks email address, to request your documentation and current Faculty Accommodation Memo be sent to your Bucks email.
- The Bucks Accessibility Office representative will then forward your Faculty Accommodation Memo and documentation to your Bucks email. Please note, it is the student’s responsibility to provide all documentation and currently approved accommodation to the Disability Services Offices at the transfer institution.
- If the student is not a current Bucks student, they will need to make an appointment with a learning specialist in the Accessibility Office for a transfer appointment. At that time, the student will sign a release form enabling TAO to provide all documentation and last Faculty Accommodation Memo to the student.
Students transferring into Bucks County Community College (Bucks) from another institution (college/university)
If you are a student transferring to Bucks from another institution, you should:
- Apply to Bucks online.
- Request from all previous institutions to have your final official transcripts to the Office of Admissions, Records, and Registration. These transcripts will be used for placement test waivers, prerequisite course waivers and for courses to transfer in to satisfy Bucks major requirements.
- It is preferred to have the above completed before signing up for an advising session. As a new student to Bucks, go to the New Students webpage for your advising session. If any placement tests are needed, please contact the Bucks Accessibility Office for potential accommodations.
As an incoming transfer student, how do I request academic adjustments?
The student is required to make the initial contact and request accommodations with the Accessibility Office. To make an intake appointment to receive accommodations at Bucks, the student should call (215) 968-8182, email or stop by the Accessibility Office in the Student Services Center on the first floor of the Rollins Center at the Newtown Campus. The Accessibility Office staff members work as a team and will help all students. For a student to receive accommodations at Bucks, the student is required to register with the Accessibility Office, provide documentation of their disability(s), and have accommodations approved by an Accessibility Office learning specialist. The faculty is not required to provide accommodations upon student request without a Faculty Memo from the Accessibility Office staff.
Students need to follow these steps after their schedule the intake appointment:
- The student will obtain a copy of all documented disabilities and approved accommodations from their previous institution(s).
- The student will speak with and provide appropriate documentation of diagnosed disability and need for accommodations to a Learning Disability Specialist in the Accessibility Office with a copy of the student’s approved accommodations from their previous institution(s).
- Students will complete the intake process with an Accessibility Office representative and be provided with instructions on how to move forward with the accommodation process at Bucks.
Accommodations work best when planned well in advance. While all requests will be considered as received by the Accessibility Office staff, please note that late requests may result in delayed processing of accommodations.