Welcome to Bucks Online!
Before you decide if learning online is for you, you'll need to establish some personal career and educational goals. To do that, you should begin by selecting Choices and Decision Making. If you've already established your goals, or you simply wish to know more about online learning, begin with an Introduction to eLearning/Hybrid, then work your way through the other links in the left-hand menu where you'll find some helpful comparisons, quizzes, and tips.
The difference between an eLearning and Hybrid course is:
- eLearning classes are taught completely online, proctored testing may be required.
- Hybrid classes replace some on-campus classroom sessions with online components.
Many students are surprised when they take a F2F course that they can be required to use online tools. About half of the students in F2F courses do just that.
The credits earned and requirements fulfilled by an eLearning or Hybrid course are identical to those of a F2F section of the same course. All courses follow the same Master Course Outline, require the same work, fulfill the same program requirements, and receive the same credit.
- The college offers over 300 credit courses in the eLearning and Hybrid modalities.
- 21 Programs and 7 Certificates can be completed in their entirety through eLearning courses.
- There is a complete line of online student support services.
- The college also offers hundreds of non-credit self-paced and instructor-facilitated courses.
There are many more certificates and Programs of Studies that students can complete by taking a combination of eLearning and Hybrid courses.
Students need to consider their comfort level with technology and their personal learning style when considering a totally online course. Learning online requires more self-discipline and independence than traditional classes.
Tailor-fit admission for every type of student:
- Guest I am currently a student at another college and would like to earn credits at Bucks to transfer to my institution.
- High School I am about to graduate or have recently graduated from high school.
- Adult I graduated high school a few years ago and would like to further my career or finish my degree.
- Transfer I want to transfer the credits or degree I earned to Bucks.
- Veteran I am a veteran of the Unisted States Armed Forces and a Bucks student applyng for educational benefits.