Looking to propose a course? The Office of Continuing Education is always interested in presenting new offerings that meet the needs of our students and our standards for quality!
Call 215-497-8729 for more information or
- Complete a Course Proposal Form online.
- Download and complete a Course Proposal Form, and submit by email to Donna Kirn, Director of Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Instructors wanted for Continuing Education Positions
Are you interested in teaching online or remote classes?
Bucks County Community College Continuing Education Department invites applicants from individuals in teaching non-credit classes. Classes vary in length and starting dates.
Instructors are needed in such areas as:
- Risk Management
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer to teach ACE personal Training Course
It is preferred, but not required, for instructors to have at least a Bachelor's degree and work experience in the subject matter area.
Please submit a letter of application and a resume to:
Director, Continuing Education & Community Programs
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Attention: Prospective Kids on Campus Assistants
Are you interested in working with campers and assisting them in a variety of summer activities? If so, then join our team of enthusiastic Kids on Campus Assistants at Bucks County Community College! We have a unique eight-week day camp program and are looking for energetic Camp Assistants to help both our Instructors and campers with exciting camp activities.
Dates: June 21, 2021 to August 13, 2021
Duration: We are needing Camp Assistants who are able to commit to the full eight-weeks that camp runs. We will take into consideration College Orientation and test dates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers.
- Maintain high standards of safety in all activities for campers.
- Be a role model to campers and staff in attitude and behavior.
- Represent the camp when interacting with parents or community members.
- Following and implementing Covid-19 safety protocols.
- Must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate.
- Ability to interact with all age levels.
- Must obtain background check, Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Finger Print, and Mandated Reporting Training prior to first day of work.
- Must submit health history record form prior to first day of work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of the development needs of youth.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative when needed.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
- Some physical requirements of a Camp Assistant position are endurance, prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and camp activities.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities and programs.
- Willing to work in a camp setting with irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities.
- Daily exposure to the sun, heat, inclement weather, such as rain, and animals, such as bugs.
Hourly Rate: $9.00
Attention: Information Technology Academy Instructors
The IT Academy is seeking instructors who have the following certifications: MCITP: Database Administrator, ASP.NET/C# and Visual Basic, MySQL/PHP
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Bucks County Community College
275 Swamp Road
Newtown, PA 18940
FAX: (215) 968-8320
Bucks County Community College is committed to providing equal education and employment opportunities. This encompasses persons in legally protected classifications in regard to race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, sexual orientation, age, religion, disabilities, and military veterans. The College provides reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Please call the Campus Coordinator for Equal Employment Opportunity in advance to request or clarify accommodations or to address issues concerning equal opportunities at 215-968-8090. The EEO Office is located in Room 130, Tyler