Lower Bucks Campus • Phone 215-968-8353 (option 5)
Curriculum Code No. 3200
The Computed Tomography Certificate program prepares the post-graduate registered radiologic technologist to use x-rays and computed radiologic technology to produce cross-sectional anatomical images of the human body. Computed Tomography (CT) technologists operate CT scanners, picture archiving and communication systems and related equipment.
The Computed Tomography Certificate program is a two-semester program. The program consists of online didactic courses and a clinical practicum experience. The Computed Tomography Certificate Program is designed to provide the working Radiologic Technologist with the theoretical background and documented clinical experience necessary to sit for the Computed Tomography registry examination offered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
Prospective applicants seeking admission into the CT Certificate Program must be graduates of a 2-year JRCERT accredited program in Radiography or Nuclear Medicine and must hold current ARRT or NMTCB certification.
Graduates of this program are able to:
- function as competent, entry-level professionals;
- demonstrate appropriate, professional communication skills;
- develop and practice effective problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills; and
- conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
Clinical Education Requirements:
The number students accepted into clinical education (RADI310 and RADI325) for computed tomography will be equal to the number of available clinical spaces.
Once accepted into the Computed Tomography Clinical Courses, students will be required to:
- Purchase a Computed Tomography uniform from preferred uniform vendor.
- Purchase professional liability insurance annually.
- Assume all responsibility for transportation to and from the clinical sites assigned.
- Obtain and maintain current CPR certification.
- Obtain and maintain Immunization records.
- Complete an FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check, a PA Criminal Background check, Child Abuse clearance and drug screening (until clearance is received, program acceptance is provisional and may be rescinded).
- Show proof of health insurance coverage for the student.
College Success Seminar
Patient Care in Computed Tomography
Procedures in Computed Tomography
Computed Tomography Clinical Practicum I
Cross-sectional Anatomy in Medical Imaging
Physics Instrumentation in Computed Tomography
Computed Tomography Clinical Practicum II A
|Total Credit Hours||17|
Recommended Semester Sequence
|COLL101 College Success Seminar||1|
|RADI300 Patient Care in Computed Tomography||3|
|RADI305 Procedures in Computed Tomography||3|
|RADI310 Computed Tomography Clinical Practicum I||2|
|RADI315 Cross-sectional Anatomy in Medical Imaging||3|
|RADI320 Physics Instrumentation in Computed Tomography||3|
|RADI325 Computed Tomography Clinical Practicum II A||2|
A Course requires prerequisites.