Skip to content
Facility Use Guidelines
USE OF BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES FOR PARTISAN POLITICAL PURPOSES
- Visiting political leaders are an important part of the Bucks County Community College constituency and should have positive feelings about their experiences on campus.
- Visits by political leaders are an important enrichment of the academic and extracurricular programs of the institution.
- Bucks County Community College strives to be impartial in its treatment of candidates for public office.
- Public spaces on the Bucks County Community College campus are appropriate places of partisan political activities.
USE OF FACILITIES FOR PARTISAN POLITICAL PURPOSES
- Campus organizations, entities or individuals sponsoring politicians, government officials, candidates for public office, and guest lectures by governmental or political figures outside of normal classroom periods must seek approval from the President's office at least seven (7) days prior to visiting the campus. This provision applies even if campus space is not sought.
- The room reservation form must include a complete description of the event or visit, including its purpose and all of the individuals who will be visiting the campus.
- First preference will be given to events that provide equal time and similar circumstances to all candidates for a particular position.
- There will be no partisan posters, handbills, campaign signs or paraphernalia posted on any surfaces relating to such visits or to political campaigns or candidacy. Announcements of such visits shall be permitted in accord with existing campus policies.
- The college name, logo, or identification will not be used in conjunction with any political campaign literature or paraphernalia. Such use will be limited to news releases from the college's public information office or use of the college logo as background or on a podium.
- No college resources--personnel, materials, equipment--will be used to support partisan political events unless the customary expenses for such are reimbursed to the college by the sponsors from non-operating funds.