Academic Support During the COVID-19 Closure
Academic Success Center
- Ask a Tutor and Ask a Mentor - Do you have a quick question? Please submit your questions, along with any necessary information regarding your assignment, and they will get back to you as soon as they can. The response time – if in by noon on one business day, they respond by 4pm the following business day.
- Online Writing Form– Need help with writing a paper? Share your paper with a turor, along with any assignment details and questions you have, and a tutor will help you identify patterns of errors and how to fix them.
- Individual tutors are familiar in providing support using additional programs such as Skype, Google Hangouts, and More. If there is a tool you are comfortable with, and a tutor equally comfortable, the ASC will set it up. Please voice your online preferences when scheduling appointments.
- Phone –You may prefer not to use online applications for tutoring. Whenever possible, tutors are available for phone sessions (or phone/email).
- Handouts – All handouts are available in PDF or Word versions on the website to download.
- Follow the ASC on Facebook and Instagram – for ongoing online learning strategies, supports, and resources.
- TutorTrac - Sign up for text reminders and schedule sessions online from anywhere using your Bucks usernames and passwords.
- Schedule your appointment today at www.bucks.edu/asc.
The library has a robust collection of electronic materials that can be accessed remotely by students. The college community has access to electronic books through the library catalog and databases. Library staff is able to remotely provide InterLibrary Loans of electronic materials.
The librarians are available in accordance with the following schedule:
Beginning March 23rd
- Monday through Thursday 8am - 9:00pm
- Friday and Saturday 8am - 3:30pm
- Sunday 10am - 2:30pm
If you are already using Pearson digital materials in your class, you can access online course materials. If your original purchase did not include eText access you will be upgraded for free with access to the eText. If you did not purchase access to MyLab or Mastering, Pearson will grant you access free of charge through June 1st 2020. You can get more information at https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/
Remote Student Resources
For assistance with non-academic student services available remotely during the closure, please visit the Remote Student Resources webpage.