Attention: Prospective Kids on Campus Assistants
Are you interested in working with campers and assisting them in a variety of summer activities? If so, then join our team of enthusiastic Kids on Campus Assistants at Bucks County Community College! We have a unique eight-week day camp program and are looking for energetic Camp Assistants to help both our instructors and campers with exciting camp activities.
Dates: June 19 to August 11, 2023
Hours: 8:00 am-3:45 pm Mondays, Tuesdays-Fridays 8:30 am-3:30 pm. Fourth of July Week will be a four-day week.
Duration: We are needing Camp Assistants who can commit to working full weeks of camp. There is a total of 8 weeks that Kids on Campus Summer Camps run. We will do our best to schedule all camp assistants during the summer; however, there may be some weeks that we are unable to schedule everyone to work. During those weeks, we will have those who were not scheduled on a standby substitute list where we will call if other camp assistants call out sick. We will take into consideration College Orientation and test dates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers.
- Maintain high standards of safety in all activities for campers.
- Chaperone campers everywhere on campus, including walking to and from buildings, nurse’s station, restroom, and lunch facilities.
- This position includes a working lunch, where camp instructors and assistants eat lunch while watching the campers and conducting other lunch duties.
- Be a positive role model to campers and staff in attitude and behavior.
- Must only use cell phones in case of emergencies and not to entertain oneself due to boredom.
- Willingness and acceptance of helping the camp that the camp assistant has been assigned to for the week.
- Represent the camp when interacting with parents or community members.
- Following and implementing Covid-19 safety protocols.
- Must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate.
- Ability to interact with all age levels.
- Must obtain background check, Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprint, and Mandated Reporting Training prior to first day of work.
- Must submit health history record form prior to first day of work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of the development needs of youth.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative when needed.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
- Some physical requirements of a Camp Assistant position are endurance, lifting heavy boxes of camp supplies, prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and camp activities.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities and programs.
- Willing to work in a camp setting that is either inside or outside all/most of the day.
- There may be prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing.
- There may be prolonged periods of camper independent work/lab time, where the camp assistant must fight off boredom and be there for bathroom breaks, assistance with classroom management, going around to each camper to see if the camper needs help with the activity, follow instructor’s directions and instructions on activities, etc.
- Willing to work in a camp setting with irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities.
- Daily exposure to the sun, heat, inclement weather, such as rain, and animals, such as bugs.
How to Apply
Please Click Here to apply for this position.
Interview invitations are emailed. Please check your email and spam folder.