VACV235 Video Studio Production II
The Arts Department: Cinema/Video Production
- I. Course Number and Title
- VACV235 Video Studio Production II Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- VACV135 (C or better) or permission of the Arts Department
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Work outside of class is required. Departmental equipment will be used in this class. Equipment sign-out procedures are reviewed in class, and procedures include equipment damage and late fees.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- Students write, produce, direct, and edit their own original 15-minute programs. Professional attitudes are emphasized in the students' collaboration with crew members in producing and directing programs.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- demonstrate creativity and collaboration in producing a 15-minute video program;
- demonstrate advanced knowledge of equipment and processes commonly used in video studio production;
- employ writing, directing, and editing skills in a production; and
- examine and critique examples of commercial work to identify and evaluate the use of various production techniques.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- lecture and demonstrations of preplanning, production, and editing techniques
- review of studio production equipment
- review of non-linear editing equipment
- actual hands-on experience producing a television show
- experimentation with different production techniques in order for students to develop their own style
- creation of a 15-minute video production
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsStudent assessment is based on the successful completion of assigned projects, the presentation of projects, and the demonstrated use of appropriate vocabulary in oral critiques. Projects are assessed through critiques, oral presentations, and discussions.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/07; Revised 10/2010; New Core 8/2015;Revised 5/20