CULN282 Culinary Internship II
Department of Business and Innovation: Culinary Arts
- I. Course Number and Title
- CULN282 Culinary Internship II
- II. Number of Credits
- 2 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- Completion of 120 employment hours (7,200 contact minutes)
- IV. Prerequisites
- Must be a Culinary Arts degree program internship-track student. Permission of the Department of Business + Innovation required.
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- In this course, students participate in on-the-job training in the culinary area directly related to their academic preparation and career objectives. Students gain hands-on knowledge and skills which will be reviewed and assessed with the course coordinator.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- utilize academic training in a culinary work setting;
- utilize knowledge and experience gained on the job to further academic goals and inform career choices;
- describe the work experience using written and verbal communication skills
- demonstrate professional behavior in a culinary work setting; and
- develop professional contacts within formal and informal culinary industry networks.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- All students must attend and participate in meetings arranged by the course coordinator.
- All students will complete a written research project as defined by the course coordinator.
- Each student will be evaluated by their employer or supervisor using the standards established by the course coordinator in conjunction with the employer's standards of performance.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals are based on evaluations of the student job experience through an employer performance evaluation, periodic meetings with the course coordinator to ensure student progress, and a final research project.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.