LPN-RN Advanced Placement Information & Application
Applications will be available from November 15th to February 15th for the following Fall Semester
A few notes about applying to the clinical component in AD Nursing.
- Anyone can apply. Application does not guarantee admission however, you cannot be accepted if you don’t apply. You do need to meet high school requirements and request a 2035 major. You must have completed the co-requisite courses listed in order to be eligible to challenge NURS101 and NURS102
- There are no paper applications. You do not need an appointment with a nursing faculty member to apply.
- Ask your assigned advisor for guidance.
- Your application must be accurate.
- Please check your Student Planning Module for correct grades and information
Applications are reviewed and ranked by the following requirements:
- Hold a valid Pennsylvania Practical Nursing License (Licenses from other states will not be accepted);
- Be currently enrolled in the College;
- Meet high school requirements;
- Have a curriculum Code of 2035 (Nursing);
- Have completed all prerequisite/co-requisite courses;
- Have a grade of B or better in BIOL181, BIOL182, and BIOL228 prior to Challenging;
- Have a grade of C or better in ALL courses required in the Nursing Program of Study
- Have taken BIOL181, BIOL182, BIOL228, HLTH120N, and PSYC110 within the seven (7) years prior to acceptance;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 at BCCC.
- Students who are Bucks County residents, have completed the highest number of credits in the Nursing Program of Study at BCCC with a final grade of C or better, will be considered first, after meeting all of the above criteria.
Challenge notifications are sent out mid-March by email to the applicants Bucks Email Account. Applicants are required to respond to the Director by the date outlined in the notification in order to be considered for the Challenge. The notification will include information on the time and date of the dosage calulation and challenge exams.
If you have previously attended but did not graduate from an RN or LPN education program, please indicate on the application the name of the school(s) and the years attended. You also MUST request a letter of support to be sent from the school(s), stating that you were a student in good standing while at that school. This letter, on official school letterhead, may be mailed FROM THAT PROGRAM to the Admission and Progression Committee, Associate Degree Nursing Program, Bucks County Community College, 275 Swamp Road, Newtown, PA 18940 or emailed FROM THAT PROGRAM to ADNursingDirector@bucks.edu. This letter must arrive, via mail or email, by the application deadline.