RADI325 Computed Tomography Practicum II
Department of Health Sciences: Radiography
- I. Course Number and Title
- RADI325 Computed Tomography Practicum II
- II. Number of Credits
- 2 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- 240 clinical hours
- IV. Prerequisites
- RADI310 Clinical Tomography Practicum I
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Background clearances will be required before placement in a clinical setting. The clearances will include a PA state background check, fingerprinting clearance, child abuse clearance, immunization and physical exam clearance.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course provides students with clinical education experience in computed tomography imaging and assists students in completing the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist' clinical education requirements for certification in computed tomography.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- correctly prepares and conducts a computed tomography examination in the clinical setting;
- utilize appropriate technical factors for optimal images;
- identifies cross sectional anatomy, physiology and pathology of body areas; and
- demonstrates the appropriate procedure for contrast administration.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Procedural Performance
- order/requisition evaluation
- facilities set-up
- patient assessment
- patient/personnel protection
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist competencies
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsStudent assessment consists of bi-weekly evaluations, semester evaluation and computed tomography procedural competency grades for the semester.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Approval Date - 04/18