Academic Restart is designed for students who attended Bucks County Community College in the past and compiled an unsuccessful academic record. The Academic Restart Program provides eligible students with an opportunity to redirect their academic goals or to renew their college careers. Before pursuing an Academic Restart, students must meet with Bucks Counselor, Professional Advisor, or Academic Success Coordinator, to discuss all options for grade improvement. All those who are interested should be aware of the following:
- This One-Time Only option permits students to reset the Bucks County Community College Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and cumulative credits earned to zero for D and F grades.
- While coursework history is reflected on the transcript, associated D and F grades are not counted in the CGPA. The record of previously taken courses and the grades earned in those courses will remain on the official and unofficial transcript.
- The Bucks County Community College Academic Restart Program; only impacts courses that earned a D and F grade. Credits earned by evaluation, transfer from other schools, CLEP, the Life Learning Experience Assessment Program, Military Experience, Advanced Placement, and Corporate Training are not affected.
- Bucks County Community College courses with an earned grade of A-C, will remain as part of the calculation of the CGPA and eligible for credits earned.
- Students must apply BEFORE the Academic Restart process can begin and be granted.
To be eligible for the program, you must meet these criteria:
- You have not been enrolled at Bucks County Community College for a period of three (3) consecutive years. (six (6) academic semesters)
- You were never previously granted an Academic Restart.
- Enroll and complete a minimum of sever (7) credits within their first year and maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. Students may not take more than 13 credits in their first semester.
- Students must enroll and successfully complete COLL 101 College Success Seminar. If previously taken, students must enroll in COLL
- Students have one (1) year from application to meet the above requirements as listed in this section.
To inquire about the Academic Restart Program, you can email email@example.com to meet with a Bucks counselor.