Reading and Study Skills
Please click on the links below to search tutor schedules for your particular course or to request an appointment.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-968-8044 to request an appointment or for additional information.
Please click on the Schedule Appointment link to check specific hours.
Please note: The semester schedule is subject to change. Click on Schedule Appointment and sign into TutorTrac™ for the most up-to-date schedule.
What We Can Do
- Help you learn how to use the dictionary and thesaurus
- Help you with the definitions of your vocabulary words
- Help you write the context clue sentences for your vocabulary words
- Help you understand an assignment you've been given
- Help you to write your Reader's Digest summaries
- Help you to brainstorm before you write your reaction to the articles you are summarizing
- Help you with the assignments for the book you will be reading
- Help you to devise a time management plan for studying
- Help you to study for exams more efficiently
- Help you learn how to read better and retain more of what you have read
- Provide you with information about:
- Improving your note taking and listening skills
- Managing your test anxiety
- Identifying and eliminating study distraction
What We Can't Do
- Do your homework for you
- Be of any assistance with take-home quizzes or tests
- Tutor for placement or standardized tests, such as the Praxis, the TOEFL, the NLN, etc.