Reminders for Students Using Online Tutoring
Below you will find some general guidelines and tips to help prepare you for your first and future real-time online sessions.
- To schedule a session, click on Schedule Appointment, use the Appointment Request form, call (215-968-8044), email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or drop in to the Academic Success Center.
- An confirmation email will be sent to your Bucks Email at the time the appointment is scheduled. It will include the date/time of the appointment as well as the link to the Zoom room where the session will take place. If you do not receive the email before the start of the session, we recommend that you call us (215-968-8044) before the start of the session to ensure that the email was sent to the correct email address.
- As with a face-to-face session, be prepared with all materials, especially your assignment description, and have questions prepared for the tutor regarding your concerns with the assignment, paper, or problem.
- Also, be aware that in addition to the whiteboard and online chat features, the software has audio capabilities using head sets and microphones.
- The tutor will do his or her best to help you use Zoom; however, the Academic Success Center is not responsible for any technical difficulties that may prevent you from accessing the room's services. If you have a question, please call the Center at 215-968-8044, and we will do our best to help you.
- If you plan to use the audio capabilities, and have free-standing speakers, please face these speakers away from your computer to minimize feedback. We recommend that you use a headset to listen to avoid an echo.
- As with face-to-face session, online sessions last up to 45 minutes.
- Before your session, review the instructions, videos, and screen shots made available for you on the Online Tutoring portion of the Academic Success Center's website. These will help you with the login process, as well as with the options for working with your materials. ()
Academic Success Center Survey
We hope this service will be a valuable resource for students and look forward to hearing your thoughts. Please feel free to complete the Academic Success Center Survey after your session.
Best of luck!