ACT 16 - Fostering Independence through Education
On June 28, 2019, Governor Wolf signed into law Act 16 of 2019 (Act 16) which added Article XXVI-K to the Pennsylvania Public School Code of 1949. This new law, known as the Fostering Independence through Education Act, requires postsecondary institutions to award a waiver of tuition and mandatory fees to PA resident students who have been in foster care. Student must meet all eligibility requirements to receive the waiver.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Student must be accepted to the postsecondary institution.
- Student must be awarded all grants and scholarships for which the student qualifies.
- Student must be eligible for the PA Chafee Education and Training Grant.
- Student must be a youth who was in foster care after age 16.
- Student must be under age 26.
- Student must be a current PA resident.
- Student must complete the FAFSA Application.
The College offers robust resources to help students start smart. See the links below for all the student support offerings:
Points of Contact
For further information, including applying to the College, accessing services, and applying for Financial Aid, please contact: