Admission Procedures Phase I
Thank you for your interest in the Practical Nursing Program at Bucks County Community College. Admissions for the incoming class beginning July, 2021 is now closed. However, this Fall we will be reopening testing for the class beginning July, 2022.
The Practical Nursing Program is full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-3:30pm, and runs for twelve consecutive months beginning every July. This is a non-credit certificate program. Successful completion of all courses listed in the curriculum is required in order to graduate and receive your Certificate of Completion and be eligible for the NCLEX licensure examination. Courses taken at another institution may not be transferred to this program. To be eligible for consideration, candidates must be a high school graduate or GED certificate holder.
There are no course prerequisites. The first step in the admission process is to take the PSB Pre-entrance Examination. The PSB tests academic readiness (verbal, nonverbal, & math skills), spelling, science, and general judgment and vocational aptitude. It presumes no medical or nursing training. All prospective students are required to take the PSB. Previous college transcripts, although not required, may be submitted to add to your application portfolio, and will be considered along with your PSB results. Transcripts can be emailed to Michelle Rue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please carefully read our ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ sheet for detailed information regarding the PSB Examination.
Testing for Class of 2020 - 2021
The health and safety of everyone is our utmost priority. Pre-entrance testing will now be offered remotely. This service is being provided by Pearson Vue 24/7, excluding specific holidays. A Pearson Vue employee will proctor the remote at-home exam using a secure browser and other technology. Testing will be held monthly, during a specific timeframe. Please read the following registration procedure carefully. Note: YOU MUST USE A LAP TOP OR DESK TOP COMPUTER TO REGISTER AND TAKE YOUR EXAM. DO NOT USE A MOBILE DEVICE ~ IT WILL NOT WORK.
- Complete your contact information on the Practical Nursing PSB Link with your full name and contact information.
- We will provide PSB with your contact information. You will then receive a PSB Pre-Registration email within one business day after registration closes. Please check your spam/junk folders if you have not received the email. Click on the link in this email to pre-register. Be sure to save the access code included in the email. You will need it to complete the registration process and make your $85.00 payment.
- Wait for an "Authorization to Test" email that should arrive within one business day. Please check your spam/junk folders if you have not received the email.
- When the "Authorization to Test" email is received, confirm that the name of the Authorized Candidate exactly matches the ID you will present to the exam proctor. If not, contact PSB at email@example.com
- If the Authorized Candidate name matches with your ID, then gather that name, the PSB ID you were sent in the "Authorization to Test" email, and the private access code saved from the PSB email.
- Go to the link in the email, http://www.pearsonvue.com Then do the following:
- Click on "For Test-Takers" at the top.
- Click "Schedule an Exam" in the dropdown.
- Find "Ready, Set, Test" and enter PSB in the box beside it, then click on the company name, which will be 'Psychological Service Bureau (PSB)'.
- Click "Create Account"
- Enter the first and last name of the Authorized Candidate, the PSB ID and the private access code when prompted.
- Following these steps should create your PearsonVue account successfully. You will now be able to choose and schedule your pre-entrance exam during the available timeframe.
If you encounter any problems with scheduling you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Date Timeframes:
TESTING FOR THE CLASS STARTING IN JULY 2021 IS NOW CLOSED. TESTING FOR THE CLASS STARTING IN JULY, 2022 WILL OPEN IN THE FALL.
Two forms of ID are required to take the test. One form of ID must be government-issued (driver's license, state ID, passport). The second form of ID can be a debit card, health insurance card, social security card, etc., as long as the name matches on both forms of identification.
The fee for the exam is $85.00 and is payable during the online registration process.
Once payment of exam fees is received, NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED
If you provide at leat 48 hours advance, you may reschedule one (1) time, without penalty charges, and your fee may be transferred to your new examination date. You may not give your examination reservation to another perosn.
We understand unexpected situations occur and will consider escusing an absence from a scheduled examination for the following reasons:
- Illness of yourself or a member of your immediate family
- Death in the family
- Disabling traffic accident
- Cour appearance or jury duty
- Military duty
Please contact email@example.com for further information
Preparing for the Exam:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PSB Review Course
- PSB Website
- PSB Practice Test (Select APNE for Practical Nursing)
Prospective students will be notified of results within three to five weeks of testing via email.
Testing accomodations are currently unavailable with Home Proctored Exams.
Financial Aid is available for the Practical Nursing Program to those who qualify. Thefirst step is to complete the FAFSA at thefollowing website: www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please complete your FAFSA as soon as possible to ensure it is processed before the program begins.The application for the FAFSA is free so we highlyrecommend you complete it as soon as you take your pre-entrance exam, even if you decidenot to attend. Our school code is 003239.To obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) go online at www.pin.ed.gov
NOTE: COMPLETE YOUR FAFSA AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO ENSURE IT IS PROCESSED BEFORE THE PROGRAM BEGINS. LATE FAFSA SUBMISSIONS WILL RESULT IN DELAYS. UPON COMPLETION OF THE FAFSA PLEASE REACH OUT TO THE FINANCIAL AID DEPARTMENT AT 215-968-8000 TO REVIEW ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS NEEDED. FAFSA'S COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY WILL ARRIVE TO THE OFFICE IN APPROXIMATELY 2 WEEKS.
Information regarding admission procedures, tuition, expenses, curriculum, and other frequently asked questions can be found in the navigation bar on the right hand side of the webpage. For additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Luck on Your Exam and We Look Forward to Working with You As You Pursue Your Nursing Career!
Like us on Facebook! Practical Nursing Program at Bucks County Community College