VACV135 Video Studio Production I (formerly COMV135)
The Arts Department: Cinema/Video Production
- I. Course Number and Title
- VACV135 Video Studio Production I (formerly COMV135)
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Work outside of class is required. Departmental equipment is used in this class. Equipment sign-out procedures are reviewed in class and include consequences of equipment damage and assessment of late fees.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course introduces students to the equipment and techniques of video studio production from planning through scripting to taping. A series of exercises and individual projects provide a foundation for personal expression in various video formats.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- demonstrate an understanding of television studio facilities and equipment, including studio lights, cameras, switchers, recorders, and audio tools;
- build effective teams to create projects in the video studio;
- demonstrate an understanding in scripting, directing, and producing video segments;
- demonstrate an understanding of professional attitudes, leadership skills, and creativity in all phases of the production process; and
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- demonstration and explanation studio production equipment
- introduction to scripting and formatting
- explanation of project management techniques
- explanation of the roles and responsibilities of various crew positions
- development of ideas into scripts
- production of video segments
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsStudent assessment is based on the successful completion of assigned projects, the presentation of projects, and the demonstrated use of appropriate vocabulary in oral critiques. Projects are assessed through critiques, oral presentations, and discussions.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 3/07; revised 3/2010; New Core 8/2015;Revised 5/20