MKTG112 Customer Experience
Department of Business and Innovation: Marketing
- I. Course Number and Title
- MKTG112 Customer Experience
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course examines current trends in innovative customer service and guest experiences. Topics include Implementation strategies, acting on customer requests and complaints, practicing service skills, and learning to empower employees by understanding the entrepreneurial mindset of turning challenges into opportunities to create value for the customer.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- analyze emerging trends and strategies used in customer service;
- utilize innovative communication strategies in dealing with both internal and external customers; and
- demonstrate an understanding of an entrepreneurial mindset and how it can be used to enhance customer service and experience.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Customer service culture and behavior
- Customer service and the entrepreneurial mindset
- Communication skills for success
- Service breakdowns and delivery
- Customer service in a diverse world
- Customer service via technology
- Customer relationships and loyalty
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsExams, quizzes, classroom exercises, class or online participation, and/or projects as specified by the area faculty and described in the individual instructor's course syllabus are utilized. Students complete a pre/post survey assessing their propensity for entrepreneurship skills.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Students use resources as specified in the individual instructor's syllabus.
Review/Approval Date -02/27/18