VACV280 Cooperative Education - Cinema/Video and Multimedia
Department of Arts and Communication: Cinema/Video Production
- I. Course Number and Title
- VACV280 Cooperative Education - Cinema/Video and Multimedia
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- Cinema Video, Multimedia and Photography majors, 30 BCCC credits, a GPA of 2.5 or greater earned in courses offered by the Arts Department
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Students work for 200 hours for a paid position or 100 hours for an unpaid position. Students work with faculty members in the area to arrange the cooperative learning experience.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course provides on-the-job experience in a cinema video/multimedia field directly related to students' academic preparation and career objectives. Periodic meetings between faculty coordinator and students are held to ensure students' progress. Students maintain a work journal and complete a final report summarizing the learning experience.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- apply skills and methods learned in cinema/video and multimedia courses to on-the-job experience; and
- demonstrate an understanding of digital media from the perspective of a specialized business.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- seek, apply to, and work for an organization or business that specializes in cinema/video and multimedia
- apply skills learned in the classroom
- improve technical and business skills
- document the student learning through journal entries and a final written report about the experience at the conclusion of the semester
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsEvaluation of the student's success is derived from an objective assessment of his/her on-the-job performance. The employer evaluation, along with information provided by the student's daily journal and final paper, will be used to assess the student's performance.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/07; Revised 3/2010; Revised 2/2011; New Core 8 /2015