RADI326 MRI Clinical Practicum II
Department of Health Sciences: Radiography
- I. Course Number and Title
- RADI326 MRI Clinical Practicum II
- II. Number of Credits
- 2 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- 240 Clinical Hours
- IV. Prerequisites
- RADI311 MRI Clinical Practicum I
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Background clearances will be required before placement in a clinical setting. The clearances will include a PA state background check, fingerprinting clearance, child abuse clearance, immunization and physical exam clearance.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course provides students with clinical education experience in magnetic resonance imaging and assists students in completing the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist' clinical education requirements for certification in magnetic resonance imaging.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- correctly prepares and conducts a magnetic resonance imaging examination in the clinical setting;
- utilize appropriate technical factors for optimal images;
- identifies cross sectional anatomy, physiology and pathology of body areas; and
- demonstrates the appropriate procedure for contrast administration.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Procedural Performance
- order/requisition evaluation
- facilities set-up
- patient assessment
- patient/personnel protection
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist competencies
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsStudent assessment consists of bi-weekly evaluations, semester evaluation and magnetic resonance procedural competency grades for the semester.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See Course Syllabus