MGMT122 Introduction to Business Analytics
Department of Business and Innovation: Management
- I. Course Number and Title
- MGMT122 Introduction to Business Analytics
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- MGMT100 or
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
This course is an introduction to business analytics including the fundamental concepts and tools needed to understand how organizations can make better-informed business decisions. Topics include various industries using data analysis and related professional roles. Emphasis is placed on applications, concepts, and the interpretations and communication of results.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- explain the need for using analytics tools to support business decisions;
- identify the roles or positions in an organization that support business analytics;
- apply data tools and their concepts appropriately; and
- interpret and communicate results effectively.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Foundation of business analytics
- Data-informed decision making and problem solving
- Data information, knowledge, and tools
- Predictive analysis techniques
- Data warehousing, visualization, and dashboards
- Data interpretation, communication, and storytelling
- Professional roles essential to successful business & data analytics
- Emerging trends and future directions
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsCourse learning goals are assessed using a variety of tests, quizzes, and performance-based tasks.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 11/2019