ACCT280 Accounting Internship
Department of Business and Innovation: Accounting
- I. Course Number and Title
- ACCT280 Accounting Internship
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- Completion of 120 employment hours (7,200 contact minutes)
- IV. Prerequisites
- 24 college credits, a GPA of 2.0 earned in courses by the Department of Business Studies, and Permission of the Department of Business Studies
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course evaluates a student's ability to relate the academic accounting concepts and skills with on-the-job experience and research of accounting topics as they relate to the student’s academic preparation and career objectives.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- apply on-the-job experience in a field directly related to the student's academic preparation and/or career objectives; and
- demonstrate experience in written business communication through the preparation of a comprehensive accounting research project and resume.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- periodic meetings between the program coordinator and students discussing academic and employment concerns
- employment in a position which includes accounting duties for a total of 200 hours and the evaluation by the employer using criteria established by the program coordinator in conjunction with the employer's standards of performance
- written research project focusing on an accounting topic and preparation of a resume to demonstrate proficiency in written business communication
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals will be based on evaluation of the student job experience through an employer performance evaluation using coordinated criteria, periodic meetings with the program coordinator to ensure student progress, and a final research project.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus for required textbook and any related materials.
Review/Approval Date -1/99; Revised 12/2011; New Core 8/2015; Revised 01/03/19