Supplemental External Credits
For students who are seeking to transfer college credits to Buck, the following general policies apply:
- A student can obtain no more than 30 transfer credits from all outside sources, including Advanced Placement and PLA, for Associate programs.
- A student can obtain no more than half the number of credits required for a given certificate.
- Only grades of "C" or better will be considered for potential transfer credit.
- Courses are considered for transfer credit as they relate to the student's program of study.
- If a student changes his/her major, a new evaluation request must be submitted as above.
- Developmental coursework will not be accepted for transfer credit.
- Proficiency courses (those which produce "pass" or "satisfactory" grades) will not be accepted for transfer credit.
- Courses taken at some institutions without regional accreditation may not be accepted for transfer credit through traditional means but may be reviewed through the Office of Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).