Applying for Admission

Applicants for admission must submit an official Application for Admission to the Office of Admissions. Students who are intending to receive financial aid, or who intend to pursue the Nursing (2035) major, must also have an official copy of their high school transcript or an official copy of their GED scores on file in the Office of Admissions. A transcript marked “issued to student,” unsealed, or missing the Registrar’s signature or school seal, will be marked as unofficial. A transcript is considered final official when a date graduated, for high school, and a degree conferred, for college, is stated.

It is important to note that Placement Testing is mandatory for all students who are planning to enroll at the College. Students must make application to the College prior to Placement Testing.

The results of the Placement Testing have no bearing on a student’s acceptance to the College; rather they are used for academic advising and program planning that will help to ensure student success.

Individuals who previously attended another college or university may be eligible for an exemption from Placement Testing.  Those applicants must submit a transcript from that institution for review by the Office of Admissions. The transcript can be unofficial for the purpose of testing waivers.

Application Deadline  

Students should apply for admission as early as possible to ensure optimal course availability. Applications are accepted on a rolling admissions basis.

Specific Admissions Concerns


Students who seek readmission must reactivate their student records.

Applicants with Previous College Experience

Transfer students must have an official copy of their transcripts sent and submit a Request for Evaluation in order to obtain transfer credits.  For purposes of placement testing or prerequisite course waivers, an unofficial copy may be submitted.

Guest students are students currently enrolled at another college or university who wish to take courses at Bucks for transfer back to their primary institution.  Such students should be advised by their own institution regarding course selection and transferability and meet any necessary course prerequisites by submitting an unofficial transcript, along with a prerequisite waiver request.

Non-degree/Non-certificate seeking students may be exempt from placement testing, unless that testing is a prerequisite for the desired coursework. Prerequisite waiver requests must be submitted for such courses.