Metalworking Training Program
Discover Bucks | Metalwork Training Program
Are you mechanically inclined, like to work with your hands and looking for a quick-start career opportunity?
The Metalwork Training Program includes theory and hands on skills assessment, and introduces participants to the fundamental concepts and skills required to be a machinist in the field of advanced manufacturing. Curriculum concentrates on shop math, measurement tools and systems, blueprint reading, safety, hand tools, manual machines, CNC machining and welding.
Earn eight stackable credentials in 12 weeks to prepare for entry-level positions in manufacturing. Get ready for a new career, with in-demand skills for good paying jobs. Students will receive a certificate of completion, plus OSHA10 and Forklift Safety Training certification, and sit for the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) exam for Measurement, Materials, and Safety Certification.
NEW for 2018! Metalwork Training is now being offered in two locations! Next session starts August 6, 2018 and will be held at our Bristol AMTC.
To apply, must attend an information session:
Monday, June 18th or June 25th
1:00 PM @ Lower Bucks Campus, Bristol
Training is FREE for those who qualify through the PA CareerLink and individual job placement assistance is given to those who complete the program.
To apply: 267-685-4884 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12-Week, Monday-Thursday
(Bristol class hours: 8:30am - 3:00pm, Perkasie class hours: noon - 6:30pm)
- Friday morning company tours
- FREE Grant Funded Program
- Employer Driven, Entry Level
- Individual Job Placement Services, with high placement rate!
- Veterans Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Requirements for the program:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/possess a Green Card
- Must be 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED
- Must pass an employer interview and mechanical aptitude test (will take place during information session)
- Must pass a drug screening, background check, and physical test
- Must have reliable transportation to commute to training and a variety of industry field trips
- Must be ready to work in Advanced Manufacturing
Bristol classes are held at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Center in Bristol, Pennsylvania and Perkasie classes are held at the Upper Bucks Campus, Perkasie. This is a great opportunity to up-skill or re-tool for your future!