Metalworking Training Program
Are you mechanically inclined, like to work with your hands and looking for a quick-start career opportunity?
The Metalwork Training Program includes theory and hands on skills assessment, and introduces participants to the fundamental concepts and skills required to be a machinist in the field of advanced manufacturing. Curriculum concentrates on shop math, measurement tools and systems, blueprint reading, safety, hand tools, manual machines, CNC machining and welding.
Earn eight stackable credentials in 12 weeks to prepare for entry-level positions in manufacturing. Get ready for a new career, with in-demand skills for good paying jobs. Students will receive a certificate of completion, plus OSHA10 and Forklift Safety Training certification, and sit for the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) exam for Measurement, Materials, and Safety Certification.
NEW for 2018! Metalwork Training is now being offered in two locations! Classes in Upper Bucks start on February 26, 2018.
Training is FREE for those who qualify and individual job placement assistance is given to those who complete the program.
Classes start February 5, 2018 at AMTC, Bristol and February 26, 2018 at Upper Bucks Campus, Perkasie
To apply, attend one of the information sessions:
Monday, January 22nd @ 1:00PM or
Wednesday, January 31st @ 1:00PM
Upper Bucks Campus, Yoga Room, Perkasie
To register: 267-685-4884 or email: email@example.com
- 12-Week, Monday-Thursday
(Bristol class hours: 8:30am - 3:00pm, Perkasie class hours: noon - 6:30pm)
- Friday morning company tours
- FREE Grant Funded Program
- Employer Driven, Entry Level
- Individual Job Placement Services, with high placement rate!
- Veterans Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Requirements for the program:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/possess a Green Card
- Must be 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED
- Must pass an employer interview and mechanical aptitude test
- Must pass a drug screening, background check, and physical test
- Must have reliable transportation to commute to training and a variety of industry field trips
- Must be ready to work in Advanced Manufacturing
Bristol classes are held at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Center in Bristol, Pennsylvania and Perkasie classes are held at the Upper Bucks Campus, Perkasie. This is a great opportunity to up-skill or re-tool for your future!
This workforce training is funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration