Industrial Maintenance Program
Like to fix things? If you are mechanically inclined, like problem-solving and want a new career, this training program is for you!
Workers skilled in industrial maintenance (electro-mechanical) are in high-demand, and Bucks County Community College has partnered with local employers to fill numerous positions. Job placement rate of over 90%, average starting salary $17/hour.
FREE Grant Funded Program for those who qualify.
Next cohort starts March 19, 2018.
To apply, you must attend an information session:
Monday, January 29, 2018 @ 1:00PM
Lower Bucks Campus, Bristol (Atrium)
Wednesday, February 7, 2018 @ 1:00PM
Upper Bucks Campus, Perkasie
To register, or for more information, contact Bridget Hughes at 267-685-4884 or Bridget.Hughes@bucks.edu.
The Industrial Maintenance Training Program includes theory and hands on skills assessment, and introduces participants to the fundamental concepts and skills required by electro-mechanical technicians in manufacturing and a variety of industries. Electro-mechanical technicians combine knowledge of mechanical technology with knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits.
Topics include Safety, Shop Math, Measurement, Blueprint Reading, Basic Electricity (AC/DC Circuits), Electrical Fabrication, Mechanical Fabrication, Hydraulic & Pneumatic Basics and Troubleshooting, Electric Relay Control concepts and applied practice, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). Students earn OSHA10 & Forklift Safety certifications.
Earn eight stackable credentials in 12 weeks to prepare for entry-level positions in manufacturing. Get ready for a new career, with in-demand skills for good paying jobs. Individualized job placement assistance for students who complete all eight credentials.
This workforce training is funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
- 12-Week, Monday-Thursday daytime classes
- Friday morning company tours
- Free Grant Funded Program
- Employer Driven, Entry Level
- Individual Job Placement Services
- Veterans Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Requirements for the program:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/possess a Green Card
- Must be 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED
- Must pass a drug screening, background check, electro-mechanical aptitude test, and physical test
- Must have reliable transportation to commute to training and a variety of industry field trips
- Must be ready to work in Industrial Maintenance
- Competitive based on screenings & employer interview
Next cohort starts March 19, 2018 and will be held at the Bucks County Public Safety Training Center, 1760 South Easton Road, Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901. This is a great opportunity to up-skill or re-tool for your future!