What to Bring With You for a Session
- Please bring your Student I.D. and sign in and out for your session using your student number on the card. If your Student I.D. does not include a picture, please bring a photo I.D. if you’d like to check out equipment or books.
- Consider your goal for the session and come prepared with questions and all the necessary materials – especially the assignment description.
- The tutor will actively engage you in the session by asking you questions about your material, so please be prepared for a collaborative session.
- Bring your assignment description and any necessary course materials for the assignment (i.e. your textbook, class notes, or any additional readings).
- Bring any work you have done so far on the assignment. This work is required to aid tutors in identifying areas with which you might be struggling. Students working in textbook publisher sites (i.e. My Math Lab) should print out the problems, bring a laptop, or check one out in the Center.
- Attend classes and bring class notes to share with the tutor. If a class is missed, get notes from a fellow student in the class or take notes during your own reading of the text. Please note that tutoring does not replace attending class, and tutors are not permitted to teach or present new material.
- Underline specific terms you are unsure about in the textbook or in your notes. For math, accounting, or other courses with problems, mark the specific steps that confuse you in any example problems. These reminders will help the tutor gain a better understanding of how to help you.