AESL (American English as a Second Language)
Bucks County Community College provides students with credit American English as a Second Language (AESL) and non-credit English as a Second Language (ESL) courses in grammar, reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
AESL - Credit Courses
AESL credit courses are designed for intermediate through advanced level language learners, including F-1 visa holders, who are entering the College Academic Programs of Study or preparing to pursue advanced degrees at four-year institutions.
- Tuition and fees are determined by residency status. The cost of textbooks and other materials is additional. Eligible students enrolled in credit AESL courses may qualify for financial aid.
- To learn more about AESL courses contact the AESL Coordinator at 215-968-8018 or email@example.com.
Our credit American as a Second Language (AESL) courses gives non-native English language students the opportunity to improve their academic English language skills and prepare for college-level classes.
Click to see the AESL program brochure.
View descriptions of the AESL courses.
To register for AESL courses you need to do the following:
- Apply to the college.
- Take the AESL reading and writing placement tests. View testing information and schedule.
- Make an appointment to be advised and prepare to register for classes. Call 215-968-8018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for financial aid. If you are applying for financial aid, you will be required to obtain an official translated final high school transcript. It must be in a sealed envelope or sent directly to admissions. This can take up to two months to receive, so request it as soon as possible. Foreign transcript evaluation services.
- If you are planning to start classes before you receive financial aid, you will need to use another payment plan. If you are not receiving financial aid, you will need to pay when you register. View our payment options.