Tuition Refund Policy

Tuition and fees paid for classes cancelled by the College due to insufficient registrations are fully refundable. Other tuition refunds will be processed under the following official policy of the College:

  • Official Withdrawal or Drop of courses is effective upon receipt of written notice from the student in the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration.
  • Official Drop from courses prior to the end of the add/drop period as published on Student Planning:
    • 100% refund of Tuition, Capital Fee, Activities Fee and Technology Support Fee. (Note: The College Service Fee is non-refundable).
  • Official Drop from courses following the add/drop period as published on Student Planning:
    • Refunds are based on the actual withdrawal date.
    • Refunds Tiers are based on percent completion of a term, and will vary.
    • Refunds will be processed according to the following semester Refund Schedule(s)

Spring 2017 Refund Schedule

Summer 2017 Refund Schedules

Fall 2017 Refund Schedule

  • *To determine your refund: 1) Find the corresponding Start and End date for your course(s) on the semester chart above. 2) Find the official date of your withdrawal or drop within the date ranges of the Refund Tiers.
  • Official Drop period ends with the last day of the available refund. Following this date official Withdrawal period begins.

All Title IV aid recipients, who totally withdraw from classes at or before the 60% point in the semester, will have a calculation performed to determine the amount of unearned aid that must be returned. Based on the withdrawal date recorded in the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration, we determine how many calendar days a student has attended in the semester. We divide the calendar days attended by the calendar days in the semester to get the percentage completed. Total disbursed aid is then multiplied by this percentage completed to determine earned aid. If earned aid is less than disbursed aid, we must perform another calculation to determine how much of the unearned aid has to be returned by Bucks County Community College and how much has to be returned by the student. Once the amount of unearned aid that needs to be returned is determined, it must be returned to the Title IV aid programs in the following order:

  • Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans
  • Subsidized Federal Direct Loans
  • Federal Perkins Loans
  • Federal Direct PLUS Loans
  • Federal PELL Grant Program
  • FSEOG Program
  • LEAP (if known Title IV)

Military Duty Tuition Refund

A student unable to complete any semester by virtue of being called to Military Reserve Duty, other than a training obligation scheduled prior to the beginning of the semester, shall be granted, at his/her option, a complete drop or complete withdrawal or an incomplete for all courses in that semester. A student dropping all courses will receive a 100% refund, including fees. A student withdrawing will receive no refund. A student electing incompletes will br expected to complete courses within the time frame and policy prescribed by college policy. A student receiving financial aid or veteran benefits may be required to elect a particular option in accord with established policies.

Tuition Refund Appeals

No refunds will be made after the first week of the semester (or equivalent during summer sessions or modular courses). However, students may appeal their refunds if extenuating circumstances prevented them from dropping from classes by the refund deadline. The deadline for submitting appeals to Admissions, Records and Registration is by the last day of the semester that the student is appealing.

Students may appeal their refunds (if extenuating circumstances occur) by submitting the appropriate Tuition Appeal Form to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration.

The application fee and college-services fee are non-refundable.