- Students should examine the list of required courses for their Program of Study to create their PLA Plan.
- Students should complete and submit a PLA Application to communicate their PLA Plan.
- Official documentation is required before equivalent credit based on PLA can be applied to a transcript.
- There is a fee charged for most assessment methods; payable in advance and non-refundable whether or not credit is awarded.
- Equivalent credit will be granted only for courses that are in the student’s Program of Study or are needed as a prerequisite for higher level course work.
- No letter grade is awarded for equivalent credit granted through PLA.
- Equivalent credit awarded through PLA is indicated as CL, CX, or LE on the Bucks transcript where the letter grade would be.
- Equivalent credit awarded through PLA may not be transferable. Students must take full responsibility for any transfer planning and should look into this matter directly with the transfer school(s) concerned.
- The College Graduation Residency Policy requires that a minimum of 30 credits toward the associate degree or 50% of the credits required for a certificate must be earned in graded classes at Bucks.
- Students should obtain academic advising from the Academic Department of their Major/Program of Study before adding or dropping classes in the hope of receiving equivalent credit through PLA.
Student Services - Rollins Center, 1st floor
PLA Application | Catalog | PLA Handbook