Next Steps + Application Forms
If you are ready to begin your bucks application process, here is what we need from you:
The first step will be to secure your student visa, allowing you to enter the United States for educational purposes. To do that, Bucks must process Form I-20, your Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.
In order to process Form I-20 promptly so you can begin the visa process, you will need to provide us with some documents. Be sure to provide original documents, accompanied by an English translation, and send everything together in one shipment so that your application is complete.
- APPLICATION FORM
Complete the online International Student Application. If you prefer a paper copy International Student Application.
- TRANSFER STUDENT FORM
If you are transferring from another United States college or university, complete the F-1 Transfer Student Form.
- SUPPORT AFFIDAVIT FORM
A notarized Sponsor Affidavit Form to show that your family or sponsor will be supporting you financially while you are in the United States. If you are financially self-supporting, no affidavit is required.
- BANK STATEMENT
A copy of a bank account statement confirming that you or your family or sponsor has the necessary funds for the first year of study. Required funds for the academic is $25,000, which is an estimate of total costs including tuition and fees for a year of study. Bank statements must be no more than 120 days old.
- PASSPORT COPY
A copy of your passport's photo page. (Do not send your actual passport!)
A check for your $1,000 deposit, which will be applied to your first semester's tuition.
Note: While TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT are not required, they are important for placement. Please submit any score reports in order to determine your language proficiency.
Send Document and Forms:
Bucks County Community College
275 Swamp Road
Newtown, PA 18940
|We must receive everything by:||To start at Bucks in:|
|July 15th||Fall Semester (August start-December)|
|November 15th||Spring Semester (January start-May)|
Students who require housing must notify email@example.com of their choice of a residence, either:
- Newtown's Brick Hotel - a double room with a roommate at a small, safe, and beautiful property near the college
- Homestay - residing with a local family
- Local Apartment - students arrange own rental unit
- All international students are required to obtain health insurance. The insurance must include the bene ts of "medical evacuation” and "repatriation.” Students can self-select their insurance, which must be obtained prior to the start of any semester.
High School Diplomas and University Transcript Evaluation and Translation
- For academic purposes, you may need to have your educational credentials evaluated.
- Your high school diplomas and/or college transcripts can be evaluated at any of the member agencies listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered "official" the translation that is generated must come directly to our college in a sealed envelope from the evaluating agency. Any faxes, photocopies, or documents in opened envelopes are considered "unofficial" and cannot be accepted for transfer credit.