Next Steps + Application Forms
If you are ready to begin your bucks application process, here is what we need from you:
The first step will be to secure your student visa, allowing you to enter the United States for educational purposes. To do that, Bucks must process Form I-20, your Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.
In order to process Form I-20 promptly so you can begin the visa process, you will need to provide us with some documents. Be sure to provide original documents, accompanied by an English translation, and send everything together in one shipment so that your application is complete.
- APPLICATION FORM
Complete the online International Student Application. If you prefer a paper copy International Student Application.
- TRANSFER STUDENT FORM
If you are transferring from another United States college or university, complete the F-1 Transfer Student Form.
- SUPPORT AFFIDAVIT FORM
A notarized Affidavit of Sponsor Support to show that your family or sponsor will be supporting you financially while you are in the United States. If you are financially self-supporting, no affidavit is required.
- BANK STATEMENT
A copy of a bank account statement confirming that you or your family or sponsor has the necessary funds for the first year of study. Required funds for the academic year is only $25,000, which is an estimate of total costs including tuition and fees.
- PASSPORT COPY
A copy of your passport's photo page. (Do not send your actual passport!)
A check for your $1,000 deposit, which will be applied to your first semester's tuition.
SEND DOCUMENTS AND FORMS:
Bucks County Community College
275 Swamp Road
Newtown, PA 18940
|We must receive everything by:||To start at Bucks in:|
|July 15th||Fall Semester (August-December)|
|November 15th||Spring Semester (January-May)|
Students who require housing must notify email@example.com of their choice of a residence, either:
- Newtown's Brick Hotel - a double room with a roommate at a small, safe, and beautiful property near the college
- Homestay - residing with a local family
- Local Apartment - students arrange own rental unit
- All international students are required to obtain health insurance. The insurance must include the bene ts of "medical evacuation” and "repatriation.” Students can self-select their insurance, which must be obtained prior to the start of any semester.
High School Diplomas and University Transcript Evaluation and Translation
- For Financial Aid or other academic purposes, you may need to have your educational credentials evaluated.
- Your high school diplomas and/or college transcripts can be evaluated at any of the member agencies listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website. In addition, these same agencies can evaluate university transcripts for potential transfer credit.
- For more information on Financial Aid visit the Financial Aid page.
In order for Bucks County Community College to evaluate your credits for potential transfer, you will need to send an official copy of your foreign transcript to one of the agencies listed above.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered "official" the translation that is generated must come directly to our college in a sealed envelope from the evaluating agency. Any faxes, photocopies, or documents in opened envelopes that a student provides us with from these agencies are considered "unofficial," and cannot be accepted for transfer credit and/or for financial aid purposes.