Students must turn 18 years of age within 6 months of the starting date of the Program.
As of 2015, all students wishing to sit for the ARRT certification exam must document a completed Associate degree at a minimum.
If you have already completed a degree, simply follow the application directions on our program webpage
We welcome 2+2 students. Applicants accepted into the Radiologic Technology Program who are currently enrolled in the colleges listed are eligible to complete the Bucks County Community College Program and earn a bachelor's degree from the educational institutions listed upon graduation.
The Bucks County Community College Radiography Program offers several options to meet that requirement.
Degree Articulations include:
- A.S/B.S. Radiologic Science Administration (St. Joseph's College of Maine)
- B.S Radiation Technology ( Gwynedd Mercy University)
- B.S Radiation Sciences (University of Mary
- B.S Radiation Therapy ( Gwynedd Mercy University
- B.S. Radiologic Technology ( Bloomsburg University)
- B.S. Health Care Management ( Immaculata University)
**Tuition for degree completion paid directly to the university conferring the degree
Questions regarding any of the medical imaging certifications should be directed to the department staff 267-685-4821.
Steps to enroll in the Radiography Program
1. Enroll at Bucks County Community College
2. Placement testing (can be taken once per application cycle)
** Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) Health Occupations Aptitude Test results-50th percentile or better in each area of the exam. Required for all students without a completed degree
3. Send a completed application packet that includes the following items to the Radiography ProgramAdmission Criteria: ** Please send all materials direct to the Radiography Program
- Completed application form with documentation of a completed degree in any course of study.
- Completed PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse History.
- FBI fingerprint
4. Educational Records:
- **Official high school transcripts or equivalent
- **College transcripts
- ** References
Steps in the Application Process
- Submit the completed application packet by November 30th.
- Submit completed PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse History forms.
- Have official high school/GED results/college transcripts sent to the program.
- Take the Psychological Services Bureau Health Occupations Aptitude Test (PSB). Applicants are responsible to schedule to take the test after they have sent transcripts and the application form to the program. The applicant must receive a 50th percentile or better in each of the five areas of the exam in one sitting.
- Submit two professional references (from employers and instructors).
- Once the Program has received all of the above data, the applicant will be called to schedule an interview with Program personnel.
- Urine drug screening will be required for all accepted students
Please send all information to:
Marie Leodore, Radiography Program Director
Bucks County Community College
1304 Veterans Highway
Bristol, PA 19007
The deadline for the application process is November 30th. Please download the application forms. Complete each form and mail them to the Radiography Program
- Radiography Program Application Form
- Radiography Program Application Procedure
- Criteria For Admission
- Radiography Application Reference Form
- Radiography Request for Transcript Form
- Criminal Background Check Form
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance Instructions
- PA Fingerprints
Bucks County Community College's Radiography Program utilizes the PSB (Psychological Services Bureau) Health Occupations Aptitude Examination as one of its criteria for admission into the Program.
The PSB Health Occupations Aptitude Examination assesses individuals' skills in five areas:
- Academic Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Information in the Natural Sciences
- Vocational Adjustment
Applicants to the Radiography Program must score in the 50th percentile or better in each of the areas in order to be considered for admission.
Please visit the Testing Center web pages for information and exam schedules.
For more information about the PSB Assessment Test, click here.