Students must turn 18 years of age within 6 months of the starting date of the Program.
Steps to enroll in the Radiography Program
1. Enroll at Bucks County Community College
2. Placement testing
3. Send a completed application packet that includes the following items to the Radiography Program
4. Academic advising for the Radiography Program is scheduled through the Business Studies Dept.
5. NOTE : Completion of an associate degree from an accredited college or university prior to admission to the Radiologic Technology Program will be accepted as meeting the eligibility requirement for applying to the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for the Certification Examination in Radiography and do not require prerequisite coursework.
- Completed application form.
- Completed PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse History.
- FBI fingerprint
4. Educational Records:
- **Official high school transcripts or equivalent
- ** College transcripts
** Students wishing to pursue either an Associate or Bachelors degree while enrolled in the Radiography program, please see the degree articulation pathway listed or call the program 215-968-8475 for assistance.
Applicants accepted into the Radiologic Technology Program who are currently enrolled in the colleges listed are eligible to complete the Bucks County Community College Program and earn a bachelor's degree from the educational institutions listed upon graduation.
- A.A. Occupational Studies ( Bucks County Community College)
- A.S/B.S. Radiologic Science Administration (St. Joseph's College of Maine)
- B.S Radiation Sciences ( Gwynedd Mercy University)
- B.S Radiation Sciences (University of Mary)
- B.S Radiation Therapy ( Gwynedd Mercy University)
- B.S. Radiologic Technology ( Bloomsburg University)
- B.S. Health Care Management ( Immaculata University)
**Tuition for degree completion paid directly to the university conferring the degree
STUDENTS pursuing the A.A. Occupational Studies #2068 DEGREE COMPETION TRACK At Bucks County Community College
Please Contact. Ms.Lori Grady 215-968-8230 for Advising for Occupational Studies
The following coursework must be completed for those pursuing the Occupational Studies degree
- CISC110 - Intro to Info Systems
- COMM110 - Effective Speaking
- COMP110 - English Composition I
- COMP111 - English Composition II
- MGMT100 - Intro to Business
- MATH120 - College Algebra
- PSYC110 - Intro to Psychology
- INTG285 - Integration of Knowledge
- BIOL181 - Human Anatomy & Physiology I or CHEM101 - Chemistry A
- Personal Health
- Cultural Perspectives
- Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) Health Occupations Aptitude Test results-50th percentile or better in each area of the exam.
- Two professional references (must be from employers or instructors)
- Personal Interview (will be conducted by the Program personnel)
- Urine drug screening will be required for all accepted students
Steps in the Application Process
- Submit the completed application packet by November 30th.
- Submit completed PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse History forms.
- Have official high school/GED results/college transcripts sent to the program.
- Take the Psychological Services Bureau Health Occupations Aptitude Test (PSB). Applicants are responsible to schedule to take the test after they have sent transcripts and the application form to the program. The applicant must receive a 50th percentile or better in each of the five areas of the exam in one sitting.
- Submit two professional references (from employers and instructors).
- Once the Program has received all of the above data, the applicant will be called to schedule an interview with Program personnel.
Please send all information to:
Marie Leodore, Radiography Program Director
Bucks County Community College
1304 Veterans Highway
Bristol, PA 19007
The deadline for the application process is November 30th. Please download the application forms. Complete each form and mail them to the Radiography Program
- Radiography Program Application Form
- Radiography Program Application Procedure
- Criteria For Admission
- Radiography Application Reference Form
- Radiography Request for Transcript Form
- Criminal Background Check Form
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance Instructions
- PA Fingerprints
Bucks County Community College's Radiography Program utilizes the PSB (Psychological Services Bureau) Health Occupations Aptitude Examination as one of its criteria for admission into the Program.
The PSB Health Occupations Aptitude Examination assesses individuals' skills in five areas:
- Academic Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Information in the Natural Sciences
- Vocational Adjustment
Applicants to the Radiography Program must score in the 50th percentile or better in each of the areas in order to be considered for admission.
Please visit the Testing Center web pages for information and exam schedules.
For more information about the PSB Assessment Test, click here.