Veterans Benefits Information
If you are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces and a Bucks student applying for educational benefits, please review the following:
- Apply to the Veterans Administration for approval to receive benefits.
- Attend an Information Session specific to veterans.
- After registering for your Bucks classes, please present the documents below, identified by each benefit, to the Admissions Office, found in the Linksz Pavilion, lower level.
- Your School Certifying Officials (SCOs) are: Lizanne Watts (215.968.8490) for the undergraduate (credit) programs, and Elena Lydon (215.968.8411) for non-credit/continuing education courses.
If uncertain which benefit is appropriate for you, please consult with the Veterans Administration. Likewise, Bucks Certifying Officials inform the VA of a veterans' course registration, but only the State Approving Agency is authorized to approve programs for benefits.
|NAME OF BENEFIT:||CHAPTER:||REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION:|
|Post-9/11 GI Bill®||Chapter 33||DD-214|
|Transfer of Benefits (TOB), Post GI Bill®||DD-214|
Montgomery GI Bill®
|Chapter 30||DD-214 only|
|Montgomery GI Bill®
Selective Reserve Education Assistance
|Chapter 1606||Notice of Eligibility (NOBE)|
|Montgomery GI Bill®
Reserve Education and Assistance (REAP)
|Chapter 1607||Notice of Eligibility (NOBE)|
|Vocational Rehabilitation||Chapter 31||College receives documents directly from VA|
|Survivors’ and Dependents’
|Chapter 35||Letter of Eligibility|
- If applying before your eligibility documentation has been received from the VA, print a copy of your application or obtain your documents through eBenefits
- If denied benefits, please understand that you are liable for tuition. Should you not be approved by the VA, be sure to see Student Accounts regarding your payment (contact phone number 215.968.8039).
- After registering for classes, please complete the Veterans’ Certification Form, which can be submitted online. A paper Veteran Certification Form is also available, which can be turned into Admissions or emailed to VABenefits@bucks.edu. All veterans are encouraged to file for Financial Aid, as you may be eligible for assistance.
- Questions can be addressed to VABenefits@bucks.edu.
Military Courses and Priority Registration
In support of those who have served our country, Bucks County Community College grants priority registration to our student veterans. All student veterans who have no outstanding financial obligation to the college will be allowed to register on a designated day(s) prior to the first day of Priority Registration for the general student population. This benefit is automatic to all active and former military personnel using educational benefits, but is also open to those who are not by completing the Veteran Identification Form for Priority Registration.
Other Services Bucks Offer
Thank you for your service to our country, and we appreciate your choosing Bucks to further your education. Look at the other services Bucks offers veterans, including exclusive "Stars and Stripes Lounges," designed especially for you.
GIBill® is a registered trademark of the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official US government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.