Spring 2013 tutoring hours
Effective Speaking Tutoring has finished for the Spring semester and will return in the Summer.
Please stop in, call 215-968-8044, or click on the Appointment Request link above to schedule an appointment. Please stop in L210 or call with any questions.
|Tuesday||11:00am - 2:00pm||
COMM 105, 110, 111, and 230
|Thursday||11:00am - 2:00pm|| COMM 105, 110, 111, and 230
and any class requiring an oral presentation
Effective Speaking tutors can assist currently enrolled students with speeches for any BCCC course.
Students are permitted to meet with an effective speaking tutor for one thirty-minute face-to-face appointment per day.
Please call the Newtown Campus at 215-968-8044 with any questions or concerns.
What We Can Do
- help you understand an assignment you've been given
- help you utilize your textbook and class notes
- help you get started on a particular speech you are working on
- help you improve a rough draft you are working on
- help you with topic sentences and thesis statements for your speeches
- help you to give your speech more focus
- help you revise or rewrite a speech according to your instructor's suggestions
- help you with your oral presentation skills
What We Can't Do
- write any part of your speech for you
- be of much help if you come to the Center the day your speech is due
- proofread your speech for you
- help you with an take-home test
- guarantee that you will get good grades