Reminders for Students Using Scribblar
Below you will find some general guidelines and tips to help prepare you for your first and future real-time online sessions.
- Real-Time online sessions are available for only Writing (including reading, literature, study skills, and AESL) and Math at this time. To schedule a session, click on Schedule Appointment, use the Appointment Request form, call (215-968-8044), or drop in to the Tutoring Center.
- It is essential that you provide an accurate e-mail address when scheduling your online appointment with the Tutoring Center. Without this information, we will be unable to send the electronic invitation to the Online Room where your session will take place. Also, please provide a telephone number where you can be reached at the time of the session in the event of any technical difficulties.
- An email will be sent to you approximately 15 minutes before the start of your session. If you do not receive the email before the start of the session, we recommend that you call us before the start of the session to ensure that the email was sent to the correct email address. We will call you if you are not in the room five minutes after the start of the session, again to make sure that the email was received.
- As with a face-to-face session, be prepared with all materials, especially your assignment description, and have questions prepared for the tutor regarding your concerns with the assignment, paper, or problem.
- Also, be aware that in addition to the whiteboard and online chat features, the software has audio capabilities using head sets and microphones. If you would like to use audio in your session, please let us know when you schedule the appointment so that we can make sure to have the materials set up before the session begins.
- The tutor will do his or her best to help you use the Online Room; however, the Tutoring Center is not responsible for any technical difficulties that may prevent you from accessing the room's services. If you have a question, please call the Center at 215-968-8044, and we will do our best to help you.
- If you plan to use the audio capabilities, and have free-standing speakers, please face these speakers away from your computer to minimize feedback. We recommend that you use a headset to listen to avoid an echo.
- Online sessions will follow a 50 minute duration for both writing and math; however, please be prepared with an hour of your time in the event that any technical difficulties delay the start of or interfere with the session.
- Before your session, review the instructions and screen shots made available for you on the Online Tutoring portion of the Tutoring Center's website. These will help you with the login process, as well as with the options for working with your paper. (Guide for Using Scribblar )
Tutoring Center Survey
We hope this service will be a valuable resource for students and look forward to hearing your thoughts. Please feel free to complete the Tutoring Center Survey after your session.
Best of luck!