Transfer Applications and Common App Information
Purpose of this webpage:
The purpose of this webpage is to assist students with completing the necessary paper work and forms for transfer to another institution. The transfer form, often referred to as the Common App, Transfer College Form, or some similar name, originates with the college to which you are transferring.
Why is the form needed?
This form is used by your next college to gather additional information about you prior to making a decision on acceptance.
Some examples of the information they request from Bucks include:
- Details of your academic record
- Disciplinary record (academic and non-academic)
- Length of attendance at your current institution
- Record of student involvement in activities
How do I complete the transfer form?
- Print out the transfer form for each institution to which you apply. These forms are often located on the transfer college’s website under the admissions area **Bucks County Community College does not participate in the Common Application online system so the Common App form will need to be printed out to be completed.
- Complete the portion of the form for the Applicant (you). Bucks will need to complete the other sections.
- Provide typed, addressed envelopes for each institution. Bucks will place all official documents in the envelope(s) and mail the information directly to the institutions you have selected.
- Bring all forms and envelopes to the office of Enrollment Services, located in the Linksz Pavilion. If you are at UBC or LBC, you can ask the Director to send them via courier service to the Office of Enrollment Services, located on the 1st floor of the Linksz Pavilion.
- Consent to Release Information: Many of the transfer forms provide a space for your signature granting consent to Bucks to release your information. Note: If your form does not provide such a space for your signature, you will need to print and sign a separate consent form available via the following link (Transfer Application Consent Form)
- Submit your paperwork: Please submit all paperwork, including your signature of consent, to Carol Ladd in the Newtown Campus Office of Enrollment Services, located on the 1st floor of the Linksz Pavilion.
- Please allow up to 10 business days for your paperwork to be processed.
**Please note that if transcripts are required for your transfer from Bucks County Community College, there is a separate process you will need to follow. The instructions can be found at the following link: Transcript Requests