REAL102 Real Estate Practice
Department of Business Studies: Real Estate
- I. Course Number and Title
- REAL102 Real Estate Practice
- II. Number of Credits
- 2 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- REAL101 (C or better)
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- This course will utilize a learning management space to supplement course materials. Successful completion of REAL101 Real Estate Fundamentals and REAL102 Real Estate Practice is required to sit for the Pennsylvania Real Estate Salesperson License Examination.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course focuses on the role of a real estate agent in residential brokerage. The course introduces basic techniques, procedures, regulations, and ethics involved in a real estate transaction and a working knowledge of the necessary forms and documents. Specific topics include fair housing, listing, settlement, and surveys.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Identify the basic techniques, procedures, regulations and ethics involved in a residential real estate transaction;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the forms and documents used in real estate transactions and complete the required documents; and
- Describe and explain the basic concepts of real estate practices in Pennsylvania, including fair housing, listing, settlement and surveys.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
The following topics are presented:
- Residential brokerage
- Real estate transactions and related documents
- Fair housing
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsExams, quizzes, classroom exercises, class or online participation, and/or projects as specified by the area faculty and described in the individual instructor's course syllabus will be utilized.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 9/99; Revised 12/18/2015