OADM145 Basic Applications of Microsoft Powerpoint
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM145 Basic Applications of Microsoft Powerpoint
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
Keyboarding skills and Windows familiarity recommended.
This course will be offered only in the TOTAL Lab.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students wishing to master the fundamentals of Microsoft PowerPoint. Students create, edit, format, use WordArt, and link embedded objects in a PowerPoint presentation.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- plan, develop, and create a PowerPoint presentation;
- prepare, edit, and utilize formatting functions of Microsoft PowerPoint;
- use WordArt features and create organizational charts, as well as create and import text from a Word document; and
- demonstrate the ability to link and embed objects into a PowerPoint presentation.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- introduction to PowerPoint
- preparing a PowerPoint presentation
- editing and formatting a PowerPoint presentation
- using WordArt and creating organizational charts
- linking and embedding objects and replacing fonts
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on designing a PowerPoint presentation, which will demonstrate knowledge of the elements of editing, formatting, creating organizational charts, linking, embedding, importing text and WordArt objects.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/04; Revised 1/2010; Revised 2013; New Core 8/2015